Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Sweating With the Oldies


If you have watched the news or follow blogs of others in our area, they are talking about the SNOW we received last night . . . about 8 inches.  The reason it is big news is because it does not often snow in our area and if it does, then it rarely sticks around over half a day.


Also, it is rare for us to get snow twice in a month's time.   I did have to get tickled at our youngest cat.  She decided to go outside and walked around the perimeter on the deck.  (This deck has not been painted yet.  It will be a darker green.)


Notice her looking at the stairs.  She is contemplating her descent - - but is obviously not happy over the precipitation.



Once she decided to jump on the top step, she was not happy the snow came up to her stomach so she decided to jump off the step to escape.  But each step had the same amount of snow!  Let's just say the rest of her day was spent inside, curled up, sleeping!  She did attempt a couple more moments outside hoping that the snow had disappeared.

However, the only way the snow disappeared was with shovels!!!!!


This may not look too impressive but this driveway and area in front of the garage can hold 6 cars - - and it is clear - - thanks to my husband, daughter, and me.  Also, another neighbor helped us shovel "the hill".  There are three of us neighbors who have to climb the hill to get to our houses.  Unless you have four wheel drive, no amount of speed will get you home unless that road has been cleared.  Generally the road department does not make it over here since they have enough going on with the main roads.

So even though the temperature was freezing all day, we stayed quite toasty with our  outdoor workout routine.   (And did any of you ever own or work out to the Richard Simmons' videos?)

You will have to work hard and sweat . . . Genesis 3:19a

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have more snow that us. We had 5". Your cat is so cute wishing and hoping that snow will go away! I doubt that we can get out of our driveway for at least two more days. Thanksfully, we have everything we need (or should I say, everything we should have - I actually would love to have candy bars!!! ha)
Stay warm and be careful.

Mary Helen said...

At least you all got outside today...which is better than we did!

Anonymous said...

Nice photos! Those are some really cute pictures of your youngest cat!

God's Blessings to you and your family!!!

Lon

Busy Bee Suz said...

I never had a RS workout tape...but I do enjoy him. He is full of energy...as were you and your shovels! Good work. You will sleep well.
The photos of the kitty are so funny...we can almost read the feline's mind: "what the heck is this???"
Take care. Stay warm.

Bobbie said...

It seems like everyone is getting snow but us. I'm not complaining though. It is cold here... really cold. I think tomorrow and Wednesday we're supposed to get some. You're kitty is adorable... and very smart to spend the rest of the day snuggled inside. I hope you have lots of hot chocolate and marshmallows.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

You all had more snow than we did, Lynda. We had between 4-5 inches. I got tickled at your cats.. They weren't sure what that cold stuff was , were they??? ha ha

Be careful if you have to go out in this stuff.
Hugs,
Betsy

Rachel said...

I immensely enjoyed the snow too, though I did not get quite that far with my shoveling. Tell your cat that I feel for her having to get out in the snow, poor thing. Stay warm !

George said...

We have much the same situation here, although I don't think we got quite as much snow as you did. However, it is still snowing and nothing is coming up or down our hill. I don't blame your cat for deciding to stay in and sleep instead of venturing out.

Pat said...

That sure is a long driveway to shovel!

I used to exercise to Sweating to the Oldies! For a LONG time I'd hear one of the songs on the radio and start doing the exercise routine in my head!

Rae said...

You have more snow than we do right now. I am sure you can do without it, but I'd be happy to send more your way. I have seen enough of the white stuff for this winter season. I'd rather have the cold without the wet stuff too. I bet you were tired after all that shoveling. It is hard work, especially when it is a very wet heavy snow.

Amanda said...

Poor Kitter. I got to exercise to some Richard Simmons during my 2nd placement.