Pages

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Chattanooga


Yesterday my husband said, "Why don't we go to Chattanooga for a while in the morning.  We have the season pass for the aquarium and the weather is supposed to be beautiful."  As the weatherman had told us, the sunshine would be plentiful today and abundant on Sunday!  The temps were high forties.
The boat you see above was part of a competition a few years ago to have brick sculptures done by local brick masons.  They are fun to view and many are comfortable if you want a place to sit.

Here is a picture of the aquarium.  You probably have seen it in my blog before since my sister and I visit it every couple of years.



There are two buildings.  This one is the River Journey.  To the right is the ocean journey.  It is the one we chose today.  You begin on the top floor in the Tropical Cove.  Look at these beautiful flowers.







 
 This is the area where you see the Hyacinth Macaws.  They are gorgeous and fun.  They seem to talk to you and you can see, they always look like they are smiling.


And I have more pictures but will save them for another time.  Bill and I had a good half-day mini vacation - - - a great break from our busy weeks of winter work.  Then tonight, we helped celebrate a birthday for another friend who will be 60 tomorrow!

Our soul is escaped as a bird out of the snare of the fowlers . . . Psalm 124:7a


12 comments:

Buttercup said...

What a fun day. So enjoy seeing the flowers. What a treat in the midst of winter. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

This looks like a wonderful place! I am so glad that you both had such a good time! The boat looks really interesting, and the other photos are absolutely beautiful!! Thank you so much for sharing!!

God's Blessings to you both,

Lon

George said...

I've heard many wonderful things about the Chattanooga aquarium. Thanks for these pictures of the beautiful flowers and the Macaws. I really like that brick boat. I'm glad the two of you had a nice mini-vacation and I look forward to seeing more pictures.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Lynda, I need to make a trip to Chattanooga sometime and go to the Aquarium. I have never been there... Looks GREAT!!!! Thanks... I'll add it to my list!

Hugs,
Betsy

Rae said...

I enjoyed that a lot. It looks wonderful there. The photos are beautiful.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Beautiful photos. SO glad you guys took the time to visit.
I love that place...I took the girls there a few years ago, so gorgeous!!!

Anonymous said...

A lovely weekend to enjoy such beauty. Thanks for sharing as I have not been to Chattanooga in many years. Happy Valentine's.

grammy said...

Love the brick canoe (o:
What a fun day out with hubby.
We actually went to a mall and a movie...True Grit was a good movie and not a chick flick. We had almost 70 degree weather to walk around in...out door mall...it was a fun day. Sounds like yours was too.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

I'm so glad ya'll got to spend this 'special' time together. It looks like it was a fun trip!!!

God bless ya and have a marvelous Valentine's Day sweetie!!!

Pat said...

We have never been to Chattanooga. That looks like such a beautiful place to visit. I love that brick boat!

Caribbean Cindy said...

I love those brick sculptures and took photos of them, too!! So much fun. The flower and Macaw photos are gorgeous, Lynda!! Yay for a half day off!!!

Bobbie said...

What a wonderful time... and so many beautiful photos!! I'll bet it was great to get away and it looks like you really enjoyed your time. Thanks for sharing these pictures. It makes me feel warmer just looking at them :)