Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Library Meeting


Some of the church librarians in our county met for a scheduled meeting at this church today.  Many of the Baptist churches have this look but the newer ones do not have cemeteries anymore.


Our program was fun.  The director and I collaborated on an original skit that involved a visit from the "Library Doctor".  She entered in a lab coat - - and I wore a paper knee-length disposable gown over my clothes.    We had a few "jokes" in the skit but the line that went over the biggest was "at your age" which we repeated more than once.

Refreshments are generally served and today was no exception.  They served a delicious breakfast.  Two of the favorite dishes were a cheesy hash brown casserole and also the Duncan Hines Apple Cinnamon with Oatmeal Granola Topping Muffin Mix.   The ladies decorated with some cute homemade bird houses and these beautiful paper plates and napkins that were purchased at Hobby Lobby.



Like many of the rest of us, their library is sponsoring a winter reading program for adults.  Their theme is Winter Wonderland and used the following to decorate the top of their window display - - - so simple but so very pretty.


Before coming home, I ran a couple of errands - - - - one to Kohl's where they are still having their insanely fabulous clearance on winter items - - - many at 80% & 90% off - - - plus I had a coupon for 30% off my entire purchase!!!!   I got a $50 blazer/jacket for $7.
And this (statue) is on loan and parked outside one of the grocery stores.

 Have you ever seen a real Clydesdale?  They are beautiful, majestic animals.  I know they used to pull delivery wagons but I still hate that most people think of beer when they see them rather than a gorgeous horse created by God.

Hast thou given the horse strength? Hast thou clothed his neck with thunder?  Job 39:19


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

That breakfast makes me feel hungry!

Wow, that sure is a good bargain on that jacket!

I have seen a real Clydesdale before, they really are very beautiful! One of these horses pulled me and my wife in a carriage before. This was really fun!

God Bless,

Lon

George said...

It sounds as if you had a great library meeting. Did you make a video of your skit?
I have seen Clydesdales in person and you are correct about them being beautiful horses.

Caribbean Cindy said...

So glad the library meeting went well. I know A LOT of work goes into each one of those! LOVE that you got to take advantage of the wonderful sale!! I miss sales and coupons!

Rae said...

Sounds like a wonderful day. The decorations for the meeting were very pretty.
I have always wanted to see a Clydesdale. They are magnificent horses. It's hard to imagine how big they really are without seeing them in person.

Patsy said...

It looks like your trip to Chattanooga was fun.
It is to bad Churches don't have cemeteries and homes for the church members any more.
Could you tell us what books are in the winter reading program? Or you could list them on the post.

Lynda said...

The books for our winter reading program are any Christian Books and/or Bible reading. We require fiction readers to read one-two non-fiction Christian books, too - - - so they can stretch themselves a bit.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Your skit sounds really funny!!!
I do love those plates/napkins...so pretty they don't look paper!!!
I have seen Clydesdales before, they are HUGE and beautiful. Should I admit that I have only seen them at Busch Gardens????

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Yep, I've been fortunate to see a real live Clydesdale.

Your gathering sounds like it was fun plus the decorations were just fab!!!

God bless and have a marvelous Monday!!!

Anonymous said...

I have never seen a real live Clydesdale in person. And I also don't like them or any animal being used as part of an advertising campaign for liquor :-(

Take care Lynda and have a nice day :-)

~Ron
******

Bobbie said...

What a fun time!! Those napkins and plates are wonderful. I love the Clydesdale, and I have seen some in person at a parade. They are a beautiful sight to behold.

Lola said...

Your church looks like the one my BIL preached at in Knoxville.
I've seen the Clydesdale's & they are a gorgeous animal. I love horses & had one as a child {teen}.
Tenn. is the greatest state in the union.