Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Peek a Boo


One of the exhibits we like most at the Chattanooga Aquarium is the penguin exhibit.  The background is a mural.  This is a statue with Bill peeking around from the back.
The penguins below are real and not super clear since they were taken through glass.


Below these rocks is the swimming area.  This penguin seemed to be playing a game with my husband. It was looking straight into Bill's eyes.  First its head was above water.


Bill would look into the penguin's eyes and it would pop under the water and then back up.  They repeated this about a dozen times and the penguin really seemed to be having fun!   It smiled and so did we!


And here is a fun outside picture.  It is the awning/roof over the entrance to the Mellow Mushroom Pizza Restaurant - - located a couple of blocks from the aquarium.


Why the Coca Cola tops?  Because Chattanooga was the world's first Coca Cola bottling plant in the world

You heavens, praise him; praise him, earth; Also ocean and all things that swim in it. Psalm 69:34


9 comments:

Bobbie said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun. I love the coca cola tops. So unique.

Rachel said...

I absolutely LOVE the Tennessee Aquarium. That's really cool about the penguins looking into his eyes!

Busy Bee Suz said...

I LOVE penguins. They are just so delightful and make me smile!!!!
Love the awning...although I am not a fan of soda, I DO LOVE mushrooms and pizza!
Have a great weekend.
Suz

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Oh how neat... I love Penguins. We just MUST go to that aquarium sometime...

Hugs,
Betsy

betty said...

What a fun place to go!I like the interaction with the penquins that your husband was having; how neat!! Penquins are one of my favorite animals (LOL son wanted a penquin as a pet one time :)

looks like a fun place to spend some time; I didn't realize where the first Coca-Cola bottling plant was, very interesting trivia bit!

(thanks for your kind words and prayers for Koda and us :)

enjoy your weekend

betty

grammy said...

I love aquariums (o:
the one in Mystic Connecticut was so great.... especially the beluga whale. Looks like you guys had great fun.
What a cool restaurant...the Coke bottle awnings were really great.

Patsy said...

I didn't know that about Coca Cola, I like the tops. They closed our plant and have the place up for sale. Fun with the peek a boo the penguin may remmember him when you go back.

Laura said...

We so enjoy the aquarium, such fun each visit! looks like you both enjoy it just as much! Mellow Mushroom oh we love their pizza, it's so good! Downtown Chattanooga has so much to do, and fun places to see!

You know you and Bill are still kids at heart, it shows in the glow in your eyes!
Laura

Caribbean Cindy said...

I love the penguin exhibit, too!! Bill is so full of fun! Love the coke lids - have not eaten at the Mellow Mushroom. We'll have to do it next time we are in!