As you have noticed, I generally only blog about once a week - - - on the weekend. When I miss a week, we were possibly out of town - - - which was the case last weekend. We were honored to be guests at the wedding celebration of the daughter of a dear friend. It was held at Lake Lure in Chimney Rock, NC.
You are thinking that might sound like a familiar place. For movie lovers, it’s the area where the movie, “Dirty Dancing” was filmed.
It’s easy to get there - - - interstate all the way except the last 15 miles of “S” curve roads. Elevation climbs from 980 feet in our city of Cleveland, TN to 2,280 feet in Chimney Rock. Make sure to be chomping on chewing gum because your ears will, pop, pop, pop!!!
Even though the weather was rainy with fog, it was a beautiful drive and we had a great time with friends. I got only a few pictures because as much as I love you, standing in the rain with my camera was not high on my list of things to do. (The above pictures were taken from inside the car with the window down or from our hotel room.)
There was a wedding . . . John 2:1




17 comments:
That looks like a beautiful place to stay and a gorgeous area. Glad you had a wonderful time!
Oh how pretty!!! And yes, I remembered that place from the movie...back in my teen days! NOT a movie I would allow my children to watch! Wow, how the Lord will change you! Now as far as the setting, it was BEAUTIFUL! Looks like an amazing wedding place, so happy you had a good time!
Laura
It is so beautiful. I would love to visit there sometime. It's nice you had a good time.
I remember seeing this hotel before...but it was FROM the lake when I viewed it. (I still love that movie!)
I do love a wedding and your weekend sounds fabulous.
What? No raincoat for you and the camera????
Enjoy this weekend as well.
xo
Suz
What a gorgeous place, Lynda... I love that movie --and wondered where it was filmed...
Have you ever been down to Amicalola Falls State Park (near Dahlonega, GA)???? We stayed in the lodge there this week --and it was fabulous also. The falls are marvelous--especially since it was raining and the water was RAGING....
We are the crazy ones. We didn't let a little (LOTS OF) rain stop us from waterfalling this week. We were soaked to the bones... But--it was worth it.
Hugs,
Betsy
beautiful place and looks like a great place to have a wonderful time....(o:
I thought it was funny your ears were popping...I live in a mile high city and the places we visit (like for our Anniversary) are 7500 ... and in the park you are approaching the 14,000 footers (o:
Just depends on where your roots are, right???
So awesome!!! It is beautiful and I loved that movie. *impressed*!
So awesome!!! It is beautiful and I loved that movie. *impressed*!
You went back to my old stomping grounds. I lived in Black Mountain for 13 years. That entire area of North Carolina is beautiful. I'm glad you had a good time there.
What a pretty place for a wedding. My parents honeymooned in Chimney Rock back in 1947! John and I always teased them that the rock was just a pebble way back then!!!!!!!!!! HOpe you have a nice weekend Lynda.
that is a pretty impressive climb from 980 to 2280 feet; I can imagine ears would be popping! It looked like it was a very nice place to spend the weekend!
betty
What a lovely looking place. I have watched that movie many times and again just 2 weeks ago. I would never have reckognised the setting.. You would have had a lovely visit from the pictures and your description. I love N.C and S.C. they are special to me.
I didn't know that about the movie, it is a beautiful place and glad you had so much fun.
Wow, what a lovely place Lynda. I love weddings and am sure you had a blast. Thanks for sharing:)
It looks like a very pretty place and it does look like the scenes from the movie. Wow that was a long time ago. I'm feeling my age right now. Love seeing pictures from all your trips.
Looks like you had fun. :)
What a beautiful place for a celebration. Had the best time three weeks ago at the wedding of a daughter of friends and look forward to a celebration in Vermont this summer.
Post a Comment