Bill and I
went to Ridgecrest, NC last weekend for a national library conference. There were a range of classes offered from beginning a library and all that includes with selecting and processing books to advanced classes in our library software.
We stayed in Mountain Laurel. The room rates are extremely reasonable. This is only the right half of the building. Please notice all the stairs. The beautiful campus is on a steep mountain so you are constantly on stairs or inclines unless you choose to take the elevators in the buildings. We did both.
In the middle of the building is a covered walkway to one of the buildings where we had classes. Look at the stone columns. I really liked that architectural feature.
Here is a view of the beautiful bridge to the building. Notice the different levels. Many of the buildings were like that. I'm glad Bill had a great sense of direction because I never knew if I was on the Concourse or Level 1.
Look how clean this is. We had a lot of wind and still there was no debris anywhere.
This porch was on the left of the covered entrance. As you can see, we were blessed with BEAUTIFUL weather.
One interesting thing about Ridgecrest Conference Center was the number of volunteers we saw working. They were all ages. Some friends from our church did this last summer and enjoyed it a lot. The woman ended up in housekeeping. She said she changed a LOT of beds. I was impressed with the restocking of clean towels - - - - better than a hotel. If you might be interested, here is the link for volunteer opportunities.
This weekend, we are home and even though we have had two terrific weekends out of town, we are happy NOT to be riding in our car for any distance tomorrow or Sunday!
I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep : for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. Psalm 4:8




18 comments:
It was great to see these pictures of Ridgecrest. I lived down the mountain from there for many years, in Montreat and Black Mountain.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend at home.
that does look like a nice place for a conference! looks peaceful too!
enjoy your weekend home!
betty
I enjoyed seeing Ridgecrest again. The architecture and the scenery are just wonderful. Great photos of you two also. Hope you enjoy a quiet weekend.
This place looks absolutely immaculate and beautiful; love the pictures of you both as well!!!
God Bless,
Lon
This looks like a lovely weekend away...what a nice place to spend some time. I understand about being happy to be home too. Home is my favorite destination!
Take care, Suz
What a nice place to stay. But better yet, the pictures of you and Bill are really good! Have a great weekend.
I know you did enjoy the trip, the place is beautiful.
I only got the question rignt because I have been doing some research on the family.
It sounds like you had a great time at the conference But it is always good to get back home :-)
So enjoyed the pictures of you and Bill. The weekend sounds great, but it is nice to be home after traveling.
What a beautiful place! I'm sure you had a great time.
What a lovely peaceful setting Lynda and you and Bill both looked relaxed.A lovely time for you both. xxx
So glad that you had fun at Ridgecrest. We really like that place. I, too, was impressed with all the volunteers. LOVE that photo of you!!
Those are good pictures of both of you. I like your jacket. Josh & I want to do stone columns when we renovate the cabin.
Oh that looks so peaceful, glad you were able to attend!
I too enjoy home, traveling is fun. But everyone needs a weekend at home, and their own bed:)
Laura
Glad you had good weather. That place is spotless!
Looks like an amazing place and lots of fun....a...lots of stairs too (o:
Sometimes it is nice to just be at home.
Thanks for the tour. I hope you have a great weekend at home. It was fun stopping by. You have a nice blog.
Hi Lynda,
You always go to all these amazing places; that is a very nice place to stay. It looks quite inviting, I will have to check it out if I ever go to NC. Enjoy your peaceful weekend at home. xoxo
Post a Comment