Pages

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Tornado Damage

I am giving you links to two other blogs.  The first one is Mary Helen's.  It is mostly pictures.  She was on one of the work crews that went out from our church.    The second is the Munck's Family.  She wrote about what it was like here in Cleveland on Wednesday, April 27, 2011.



Our family was one of the more fortunate ones.  Although there were trees through roofs and across roads just barely over a mile from us, we had only sticks and leaves on our property.  We lost power for only six hours.

The stories that have been reported are amazing.  One couple in their seventies heard the storm and ran to the basement.  They had just reached the bottom step when they looked up to see their entire house gone.  Their view was of the sky.

Some are humorous - - - like a friend who said they had 24 rolls of someone's toilet paper in a tree in their yard.

This link gives the number of homes destroyed as well as the current status in our county.
One of the roads they list as closed is Freewill.  It is the area just over a mile from our home.  Remarkably, only nine deaths have been reported thus far.

For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy .  Psalm 61:3

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynda

Thanks for the links. Our continual prayers are being offered up for the tornado victims throughout our southern states.

~Ron

betty said...

I'm going to check those links out in just a moment after I leave this comment; wow, what an amazing story about that couple making it down to the basement just in time; God's hand definitely was on them! So much devastation and tragedy with these storms/tornados; glad that you and yours were safe; praying for all affected!

betty

Rachel said...

I am so glad you are alright! The pictures from the blogs you linked us to are complete debris! We are praying.

Buttercup said...

I am keeping all of you in my prayers. It is heart breaking.

grammy said...

wow
thanks for the links...
it gave such a persona; look to the damage
your story about the couple that got to the bottom of the steps and looked up and...everything gone....can't even imagine.
Glad you were save (o:

Busy Bee Suz said...

These storms are so scary...I am so thankful that your family is well.
Sending up prayers for those who did not fare well. Thanks for the update.
take care, Suz

Pat said...

I am glad that you are okay. Watching the news and seeing all the devastation from the tornado just hurts my heart. I pray for all the people who have lost loved ones and their homes, businesses, etc.

Patsy said...

Aw! the month of May in the south.
So glad you are safe, we had some very scary times here but all is well from the tornado. Now the floods are very bad and homes are covered and lost.

George said...

I'm glad you are okay. Those storms were absolutely ferocious. We were also fortunate that they missed us, although the warning sirens did go off twice.

Buttercup said...

Just stopping by to let you know you are the winner of my Tulip Time giveaway. If you would email me at cornwallst59@hotmail.com with your address I will be delighted to mail your book to you.

Sr Crystal Mary Lindsey said...

I love the psalm you picked...And so glad you are safe and well...
God bless and continue to care for you. Much love Crystal Mary

Allen said...

I am glad to hear that you are ok. I am sad to hear so many lost their lives to this horrible tornado.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

My heart and prayers are with everyone who has losses of properties and precious lives.

Thanks for the links sweetie!

God bless and have an incredible day.

Jennifer said...

Hope you are feeling better soon!