I cannot blame my weight on any medical issue unless we can count slower metabolism due to aging or "Hand & Mouth" Disease as valid reasons. Everyone has a catalyst. Mine was a pair of white slacks. I looked for the ones that were 'more comfortable' and then remembered I gave them away because they looked big. I said I would not be that size again. However, the two remaining pair are not comfortable!
So I 'bit the bullet' and did something others have done over the years and found successful. I joined - - - - -
I am doing the online version because I don't have time or want to obligate myself to a meeting. They have a one week trial version but I signed up for a three month commitment. The computer will be a good accountability partner. Yesterday was my first day and was an eye opener when I started recording what I am eating. I need to lose between 20 and 25 pounds - - - not because the scale says so but because I know how I feel and we have mirrors in this house.
In other news, last week was very busy for many, many people. It was Vacation Bible School at our church. If you are a Southern Baptist Church, more than likely you may be seeing some of the following images at your church. The neat thing is the skyline in our sanctuary. These pictures don't do it justice. It was cut from foam-board and supported with wooden frames. The lighting colors would change throughout the assembly time. The shadowing with the lights was awesome.
The following pictures were on the TV monitors throughout our building.
Or didn't you realize that your body is a sacred place, the place of the Holy Spirit? Don't you see that you can't live however you please, squandering what God paid such a high price for? I Corinthians 6:19a The Message






13 comments:
My mom recently lost a large amount of weight. She says she feels MUCH better now. I think it is great yoyu are doing it too!
I admire your determination. I would like to lose that same amount.
VBS was always fun in our church. Thanks for sharing the pics.
Hope you have a nice week.
those look like impressive props for VBS!! I'm sure it was enjoyed by all but I do know it is very hard work to orchestrate it all and does take tons of volunteers!!
good for you for joining WW and doing the 3-month commitment! That is a doable amount of weight to take off and keep off over the months ahead!! I'm back on the bandwagon myself so to speak, trying to be more accountable with what goes into my mouth too! We can do this!!
betty
I've been going to Weight Watchers for the last year and probably will be going for another good while. I did well in the first five months and then fell off the wagon. I'm not back to where I was, but am not where I would like to be. I go with two friends from work and we make an effort to go every Tuesday night. It has made a difference in how I feel and of course, what I can wear. I'm cheering you on!
Good luck to you on your healthy eating. I walked this evening, and I plan to cut back the sodas starting tomorrow, continue to exercise, and try not to snack so late.
I like the skyline they made. It looks really cool.
The props look amazing!!!!
Congrats to you on joining WW...I know you will have good success with this. Keep us updated...and if you have any pointers to share???? please share.
Take care, Suz
wow...amazing pics for VBS
ours starts this week too...
I am not teaching this year. I am too tired and have kids around me all school year...so I am taking a break. It use to be a huge part of our summer though.
I lost 40 pounds with WW four years ago. 3 or 4 pounds keep creeeping up on me and I fight fight fight to keep them off (o:
Good luck to you.
I hope the weight loss goes well for you....yet I think you look great;) weight watchers is a great program, and easy to follow. Nice thing is it's summer with lots of fresh fruits and veggies around that should make eating healthier and lighter a little easier. I say all that because I'm hoping I'll convince myself of the same and lose a few pounds as well!
Hope your week is fantastic!
Good luck to you on the weight loss issue. I am forever battling my weight, and sometimes I just don't care. I SHOULD care, due to health issues, though.
Good luck with your weight loss goals, you can do all things thru Christ, who gives you strenght:)
Okay Lynda... we can do this!! I am needing to lose 30 lb. and as you know, I've started the online version of WW as well. This time it's going to work!!!
These pictures are AWESOME... what a fantastic VBS you are having!!
Good luck with WW. Keep us updated!!
Weight Watchers is a great company. I know several people who say, if you stick with the program it works.
Lynda, the door opposite the toilet leads to the shower.
Weight watchers, I did that years ago before I was married, then I had children and I too had the hand to mouth disease! I am so sorry you caught it! Three years ago I got sick and realized I shouldn't be in my early thirties and as unhealthy as I had become... anyway, this time around what has worked for me is just to eat less and move more. Good luck on Weight Watchers I truely believe it is the only one that really re-teaches us our portions. I am amazed at what we should be eating versus what we do eat. Thanks for your comments on my blog, I do really appreciate them!
Post a Comment