Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Two Weekends



I know you can store just about anything in Rubbermaid but I don’t think that was the cat’s intention.  What is a cat's fascination with an empty container?
Last night we got to be with our daughter-in-law’s family.  They are so sweet.  They even cooked us supper.  Amanda's father-in-law is a mechanic and installed a new starter on Bill’s car.  (That's the old one below - - ready to go back to AutoZone for a trade-in credit.)  'R' has a garage equipped for engine repair on his property.
Our car – the one I drive during the week and the one we take on trips -  got an oil change.
Last Saturday, we went to Monroe, GA to visit some friends we have known for over 34 years.  They are a precious family, too.  I am so sorry I did not take any pictures because we had a great time with them.

On the way home, we stopped at the Ringgold, GA exit - - - one that was hit very hard by the tornado on April 27.  This is how it looked a month and three days later on May 28.  If you go back and look at video footage from April, you realize how much cleanup has been done.    Let’s just say it looks like construction crews still have some job security for a while.




Below is Hardee’s.  Twenty-seven and a half years ago, we lived in Trion, GA.  This was on our way to Chattanooga one Monday morning in November when it was time to deliver our second daughter.  My husband remembered how long he might be without food before the actual birth so we stopped here for his breakfast.

And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting .  Acts 2:2

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute picture of the cat in the box! I remember when I was trying to unpack from the move - there was always a cat ready to fill an empty box!
That's very tragic about the damage and devastation around Ringgold.
Glad you enjoyed your visit with friends.

betty said...

good to have a mechanic in the family that can help with car repairs like this!! too cute with the cat in the box! almost sounds like a Dr. Seuss story!! tragic pictures of the destruction from the tornado; long roads ahead with clean up and rebuilding but I'm sure people are determined to do so!!

have a good Sunday!

betty

Allen said...

The picture of the cat in the Rubbermaid container is adorable. I do not know why cats love containers.
Those places that was hit by the tornado books awful.

Morgan said...

Thanks so much for doing that for me! Katie just read the comment and she told me that I was done with the reading program! Thank you so much!!!

~Morgan

Bobbie said...

What a cute kittie!
It sounds like you had some good time with family.
What a sad aftermath of the storms... It had to be a very somber drive through the devastated area..

Busy Bee Suz said...

It is so heartbreaking to see so much damage from the tornadoes! My family just drove through there last week and were shocked as well.
Cats...they are so silly aren't they??? Cute photo of kitty!

Pat said...

Cats are such curious animals!

Seeing the devastation from the recent tornadoes shock me every time.

grammy said...

My hubby is the mechanic around here (o:
I have lots of pics of kitties in baskets with the mail...or wherever (o:
Sad about the destruction of the tornado ...
Loved the purple Hippie bus...and store.

Anonymous said...

Hello Miss Lynda!

Yes we do use bug spray! Oh yes breakfast was delicous!

Hope you are doing well! If you are ever in the neighborhood you should stop by!

Love, Rebekah

Anonymous said...

Hello Miss Lynda!

Yes we do use bug spray! Oh yes breakfast was delicous!

Hope you are doing well! If you are ever in the neighborhood you should stop by!

Love, Rebekah

Anonymous said...

Kitty cats are very adaptable critters. It don't take much to make the happy. An old cardboard box, a ball of yarn and a mouse is all they need :-)