If you want a great fellowship and delicious meal, go to a Baptist church in the country. That’s where we were on Sunday night. Our son-in-law’s parents are members at
As you can see, the area is beautiful and peaceful. The people are super sweet and know how to provide some delicious food.
Last night was not a good point night for Weight Watchers but I knew it would not be. The chocolate brownies were worth the overage as were the grilled hot dogs. However, I did not eat any bread and had a lot of raw vegetables and fruit. Notice I am not mentioning the potato chips or the onion dip. Anyway, I am back on the WW Wagon today. My six pound weight loss is an encouragement to keep on with the plan.
Speaking of food, if anyone has extra time on their hands, look at this watermelon fun!
Supper followed an outdoor worship service. A men’s quartet sang after dinner - - almost until dark - - - at which time they shot off the fireworks!
We had a very, very enjoyable evening with our daughter, her husband, and his family! My husband even dressed in a patriotic manner for the event!









13 comments:
I always say church people are the best fed people indeed!! I think we are just getting ready for the Wedding Feast in heaven!!
Looks like a fun evening to be shared with your family and friends!! That was neat too that fireworks accompanied the celebrating too!
I wouldn't worry about the extra indulgences with the holiday and WW. It is not the extra indulgences that get us overweight (struggling myself here) but it is the continual indulgences that cause us to be overweight. So being back on plan today is a good thing!
Enjoy the rest of the Fourth!
betty
Looks like a great time, Lynda... I remember those good ole' pot-luck church dinners... YUM.. A picnic is the worst place to stay on a diet... I love hotdogs and hamburgers --and tater salad, etc. etc. etc... GADS--none of those are on WW's --unless you eat nothing else.... ha
I have lost 13.5 pounds in 2.5 months on Weight Watchers Online. Both George and I lost some on our trip---which is a miracle. We gave up lunch which helped... I am trying to lose it slowly so that I won't just gain it all back again --like I usually do... Gads!!!!
Hope today is as nice as yesterday was for you all.
Hugs,
Betsy
Sounds like fun and your firework photos are great!
It was fun. :)
Looks like a lot of fun! We always called that a "covered dish supper!" Some of the best food any where and everyone was known for a specialty!
Oh, this looks like such a wonderful day....reminds me of my childhood church in GA.
Some days you just have to go with your gut and forget the points. :)
xo
Fourth of July celebrations come about only once a year, so I would not worry about WW with all that delicious food around. I'm glad you enjoyed the evening.
Wow Lynda, sounds like you had a wonderful time at that baptist church. The food sure looks good, I would be tempted to cheat on my diet too:) Congrats on losing that six pounds, thumbs up! The firework look amazing:)
Looks like you celebrated with good food too! I always love the July 4th get togethers! Being with family and friends is great! We're having another nice day today, so back outside to get more grass mowing done! Have a good day MissLynda! Jo
We called it dinner on the ground.
It would take a little training to do that to a watermelon. lol
What a great amazing spread of food (o;
looks like a great time....and yummy
hope you enjoyed your stay-cation...sometimes they are necessary (o:
Hi Lynda
I hope you and your family had a great 4th of July!
~Ron
Sounds like lots of fun!!!! Six pounds is great. I was on a diet and it actually lasted 4 weeks but then I just kinda lost it. A lady at our church has lost 100 pounds with WW and she looks so good. She has done so well and worked very hard! I think it has been about a year now. I think one day I may try WW too.
Post a Comment