Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Moving

The person moving boxes out of our house into the home she is purchasing is our older daughter.  The boxes you see are just a fraction of what's packed.  (Don't worry about the bent box.  It arrived that way and is stuffed with newspapers so it won't collapse.)

 
My sister sent the new rake and shovel.  She bought them at the Lowe's in Augusta.  They called our Cleveland store and we picked them up here.  Isn't technology grand?!!

Our week of vacation was low-key and very restful.  We got over 8 hours of sleep each night.  That was pure luxury!  We cherished every minute because we knew that the next three weekends are going to be quite busy - - with happy activities.  We will take pictures and pray for time to tell you about it.
But at the quiet cabin in the mountains, our younger daughter is having interesting critter problems again. 

My daughters are the reason I started my blog - - - - to give them information and to read what they have been doing in their lives.  Plus, my sister and I can keep up with each other, too.   In addition, my readers will agree that many of us have made new friends.  It turns out one of those new friends, Patsy, and I lived in the same neighborhood in Rhode Island fifty years ago!  She moved away from there two years before my family arrived.  From the sounds of it,  our houses would have been quite close to each other!  I just love the way God brings lives back together - - even if you didn't know each other a 'long time ago'.

A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly : and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.  Proverbs 18:24

12 comments:

betty said...

Oh my with your younger daughter's adventure! I can't imagine, really can't imagine having something like that be around where I live!! Even though it wasn't poisonous and seems of benefit! I'd be moving for sure!

Good for your older daughter for being so close to moving! I liked how she marked that one box "HEAVY". I've been known to do that too. Hoping the move goes smoothly.

How exciting with fun events to look forward to in the weekends ahead!!

I was just talking to my husband this morning how God does interweave people's lifes together and how we connect with people and find people from the past, etc. Amazing God he is with the work he does!

betty

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Glad you had a new 'at home' vacation, Lynda... That way you don't have to be like us and need a vacation to get over the vacation.. ha ha

I know your daughter is excited about her new purchase...

Have a good week.
Hugs,
Betsy

Amanda said...

I have boxes for her. I'll stick them in my car & figure out a time to meet up with you.

Anonymous said...

I have been blogging with Patsy "forever." I cannot believe this! How thrilled you both must be to have these memories in common.
Wishing you all the best in the upcoming move!

Buttercup said...

So glad you have lots of fun times coming up. Will be looking ahead to the pictures. So appreciate all of your good wishes.

Sammy and Missy Parris said...

Glad you had a good time off and Wow 8 hours of sleep! That's great

Bobbie said...

I just visited with Amanda. Oh, do I hate snakes... Yikes.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Yes, technology is wonderful!!! Blogging does help us all stay connected...if not for my blog, my Mom would be phoning me daily. :)
Glad your vacation was well...can't wait to see what you have going on in the next few weeks.
We have a pet corn snake...they really are harmless. Poor lil' bat though....he did not have a chance did he?
Have a great week!
xo

George said...

Moving into a new home is always an exciting -- but busy -- time. I'm susre your daughter will find plenty of uses for the shovel and rake.

I don't envy your youngest daughter's 'encounters' in the least. I will occasionally see a snake in one of our flower beds, and I'm happy when it goes one way and I go another.

I'm glad you had a restful 'staycation'.

Patsy said...

I learn to link today!
Thanks Linda

Jennifer said...

I am glad you started to blog because of your daughters... I love how blogs keep us connected. Thanks for your wonderful comments on my blog about the bathroom, and of course you may link to it! Thanks. JEN

grammy said...

what fun...i have to go check out the critter problems (o: Are you empty nesters now? last night hubby and I were alone in the house...our family in the basement is all out of town and Ty moved out. we were sitting together in an oversized chair eating icecream out of a carton...I said..."I feel like an empty nester". We both laughed because it won't last long.
ENJOY.