Pages

Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Waiting Game

This picture was taken through the window of my friend's room.  She is 103 years old - - - but very close to 104.  One of her CNAs takes care of the flower container so that there is always something blooming no matter what season.  The days can be long for her - - waiting for someone to visit - - - and as she has told me before, she is waiting to reunite with her husband in the presence of Jesus.  But it doesn't get morbid when we are together because we laugh a LOT - - over a meal of her favorite Broccoli Cheddar Soup from Panera and frozen chocolate yogurt from Perkits.
And as you can see, we are still waiting to move our daughter into her house.  The closing date was going to be earlier this week - - almost 2 weeks before scheduled.  Now we are hoping it will be at the end of this week.  Even though we have added more boxes to the pile, we have left a path to the door.  This is not all of them either.  They are to the right and to the left.  So until we know a date, we feel a little off-kilter!

It's okay.  Moving can be this way and we are fortunate there is not a timeline to 'have to' be somewhere.  It also gave us an opportunity to go a wedding yesterday - - - without being in the middle of hauling boxes in the heat!
So - - - until we have relocation pictures, please visit a blogger friend who lives up north and has done a great bathroom remodel over the summer.

I will be your God throughout your lifetime -- until your hair is white with age. I made you, and I will care for you. I will carry you along and save you.  Isaiah 46:4



10 comments:

George said...

Your friend sounds like a wonderful person who is still full of life at 103.
I'm glad you didn't have to haul boxes in all the heat we had last week, but it sounds as if this week isn't going to be much better.

Busy Bee Suz said...

I will visit the bathroom remodel next. (I love those!)
Bless your friends sweet heart....love the flowers and I am sure she is so please to have a visitor who is as lovely as you. (Lo and I love that soup too!!!!)
Boxes!!!! Aye aye aye. I hope she gets into her house soon.
xoxox

Betsy Banks Adams said...

How neat that your friend is almost 104... Not sure if George's Daddy will live that long or not. He'll be 99 on Aug. 29...

I know you will be glad to get the boxes and stuff out of your home... I'm sure your daughter is anxious to move in also.... Good Luck to her--and to you all for helping her.

Hugs,
Betsy

Buttercup said...

Your friend sounds lovely. Will pay a visit to your blog friend. I'm thinking about some little fixing up in my apartment and always looking fo good ideas. Keep cool!

betty said...

I think that is so neat you have a friend who has lived those many years; what wisdom she must have to impart upon you as you visit, along with the laughs!

I hope the day comes so very quickly that boxes are moved and your daughter is getting settled into her new house. I'm sure she is antsy to be on her own and make the house her home!

congrats to the couple for the wedding you got to go to!

moving in summer/heat is never fun. Moved in heat, moved in freezing weather; I think I would take cold over hot any day. Just drink lots of liquids on moving day!

betty

Laura said...

Hope the move goes smooth, be careful around all those boxes! I'm sure your house will feel a bit odd with just you and Bill there. A new season and chapter in your lives ...isn't God good!
Laura

grammy said...

moving boxes ...
oh my!
Glad we are past that...I have an empty room that I am almost afraid to mess with...who knows who might want to come next ???? (o:

Bobbie said...

Oh, I just love older people. The wisdom they have to share is a blessing! We have a customer who is 103 who would still make it into the office for check ups and is just as sharp as a tack!
I hope the move goes well and without any problems... It looks like you all have it under control! Be careful in this heat!!

Toyin O. said...

It is nice of you to spend time with your 103 year old friend; I am amazed how long God can keep his children alive. She sounds like a character from the bible in terms of living so long. Good luck with your daughter's move, hope everything works out well:)

Patsy said...

My last Aunt on this earth will be 102 in November.

You scared me about the wonderful world of words. (I am a poor speller) I keep the dictionary close. lol