Saturday morning - - - my husband and Amanda's husband got to the auditorium at least an hour before commencement began to save our seats. The auditorium was over half full at that point. I had left home 30 minutes before Bill to deliver food to the fellowship hall. Produce was put in the refrigerator. Taco meat was put in the crockpot as well as the Rotel/Cheese Whiz Dip in another.
Graduation - - - after the welcome and music and speeches, it was time to award the degrees. Here is Amanda being hooded with her Master of Arts in Teaching.
Outside the auditorium, waiting in line for a formal picture.
A picture taken by her husband in front of the Education Building on Lee University Campus.
Amanda and our friend, Barbara. She is the one who helped me set up the food the day before.
Do you see the Golden Apple in the lower left-hand corner of the pic? Amanda was awarded the Cliff Schimmels Excellence in Teaching Award - - - the highest award given to a student in her department. She explains what it is on her blog.
Let the eating begin! We had 'build your own Nacho Salad'. Joshua's family brought DELICIOUS desserts to finish out the meal.
It has been a wonderful, wonderful two weekends of celebration (Housewarming party & moving for older child and Commissioning & Graduation for Amanda). My husband and I are blessed beyond words to have two precious daughters who are our friends.
Feast there in the Presence of God, your God. Celebrate everything that you and your families have accomplished under the blessing of God, your God. Deuteronomy 12:7



12 comments:
Much happiness to you,and your lovely family.
Wow...you have been busy celebrating. Congratulations to your daughter. That was so funny how you cut out the picture of daughter in other post. Wonder why she is so sensitive about that. You are smart to honer her wishes (o:
You've had three wonderful reasons to celebrate over the past two weeks. Thank you for sharing these celebrations with us.
Oh, I love reading about all the wonderful festivities going on in your family! Congratulations to Amanda....what an amazing achievement.
I agree, you are blessed with wonderful girls!
Now, rest time???
Congrats to the graduate, Lynda... I know you are proud of her --and she deserves it... She has worked hard!!!!! What a gorgeous daughter you have.
Hugs,
Betsy
What happy, blessed times. Congratulations to Amanda and her family!
Congrats to Amanda! A great achievement for her, and you too! Great pictures!
jo
Congratulations to Amanda! How exciting!
Build your own taco salad! How clever and sounds delish!
Congratulations. Much to celebrate! God bless you.
Congratulations to you all! What an honor for Amanda. Wishing each of you time now to catch your breath and enjoy!
Mrs. M. Lane
This is my first visit here and I read several posts, and see you are the midst of celebrating several events. I am a librarian too and a favorite Scripture for me is 3 John 2.
Nice to meet you here, Terra.
How wonderful!!!! I know you and Bill must be so proud of Amanda, I know I would be! You have raised such a fine lady, she is full of many gifts and talents. Whatever children she has in her class will truly be blessed by her, I'm sure! So it's another new chapter in life for you and Bill, with your daughters now out of the house. I hope your days are filled with joy and excitement in watching what the Lord has for your girls...and you and Bill:)
Laura
Post a Comment