Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Library Conference

Here are some pictures taken at the library training conference on Sept 10.

And on the home front - - - the insurance's structural engineer assessor will be here this Friday to look at our home's cracked foundation in the basement.


Lifeway Bookstore had an abundant set-up.  This is only part of the fiction section.  There were about four more tables in other categories.

As is usually the case, we had plenty of food!

The slogans on the traffic signs were fun to read.
Our conference was on September 10, 2011.  Their library did a great job recognizing this important date in our country's history.
Children's books are too much fun!
Till next time - - - I am about to go back to our church library for the evening shift!



16 comments:

Pat said...

The signs were fun to read....I like how they all stuck with the transportation theme! The food looked delish! I hope the damage to your house wasn't too severe!

West Side of Straight said...

How interesting. Were those books, that were multiples, for sale? Bet you had a great time!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great conference and oh, the food looks wonderful!

Praying for a good outcome on Friday's insurance visit.

Terra said...

Fun signs, great books and yummy looking food; now that sounds like a super conference. Can you tell I am a librarian too?

betty said...

Looks like a great conference; so many books! It would be neat to peruse the tables and make a decision (or two or three or four) on what to purchase. I liked that sign about detouring awau from God; lots of wisdom in that one. Always seems to be great food at events like this!!

betty

Buttercup said...

What a good time, to be surrounded by books and people who love them. Prayers for a good meeting with the insurance representative.

Amanda said...

The signs are very cute.

Busy Bee Suz said...

I hope your conference was successful for you...as well as fun.
Oh, all those books; you must have been in heaven!!!!
I can't believe you have to wait till Friday for the insurance guy...oy.
take care, Suz

George said...

I really enjoyed the signs -- they were all clever. The food looked very good as well. I hope the engineer will have good news for you.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Looks like quite the shin~dig!!! Oh honey your so beautiful in your new picture!!!

Ya miss so much when ya drop out. I've missed you girl.

God bless and have a glorious day!

Toyin O. said...

The pictures are great, the food looks so yummy:)

Bobbie said...

Great signs.. and that food!! Yumm!

Toyin O. said...

Just dropping by to say hi Lynda; have a great week ahead!!!

Patsy said...

busy-busy looks like a great library conferece. Thanks for the teaching site.

Savories of life said...

The sighns were neat. In Mo we have the only chrisitan library. Check out the family vision library on the web.

grammy said...

I just love books...
how fun that looked
I have no trouble stopping to read
I have more trouble with
stop reading (o: