I love air popped popcorn with a bit of butter.
But the popcorn on the ceilings has to go! In many of the rooms, pieces were starting to fall - - - - so in our recently vacated bedroom, we are scraping the ceiling. It will become the guestroom. After blogging, I will go back in there. The scraping should be complete within the hour. Then we have to wash walls, spackle, etc etc. Painting may not begin for two weeks because we both have plans next weekend.
We are looking forward to the predicted rain tomorrow. I do not ever remember it being this dry in the 15 years we have lived in Cleveland. Trees are dropping their leaves due to the drought conditions.
On the flip side, the area where I grew up known as Schoharie County in New York State had huge devastation last weekend due to flash flooding from Hurricane Irene. Their crops drowned.




5 comments:
I love popcorn also... Try to eat it without the butter though --but it's better with butter!!! ha
Yes, it's hard to complain about our drought when so many others are suffering from the flooding. BUT--I hope and pray that we get LOTS of rain from that system in the gulf. AND---hopefully we will get some milder temps this next week also... I'm SO ready.. Everything is brown up here and the leaves are turning brown and coming down quickly. You'd think it was October --but it's too hot!!!! Gripe Gripe... ha ha
Hugs,
Betsy
I like popcorn too! I know your guest room will be very nice when you complete the work.
It has been a very hard year for so many parts of our country. I wonder if we will have "autumn" or if we'll go directly into winter.
Don't work too hard.
Popcorn ceilings are a thing of the past....now sure why they were ever in style???? Good luck with this big job.
The extremes with water are always such a large contrast....we have had a LOT of rain lately...daily.
Wish we could share with you and also help to dry up NY as well.
Enjoy your weekend!
Suz
So sad about the crops and devastation. I was just telling Josh tonight that we need to buy popcorn for our air popper that Laura bought us for our wedding. We haven't used it, but I would like to.
We have popcorn ceilings in every room in our house. Sometime or another we will be doing exactly what you guys are doing. Around the time I think I will be avoiding the house ;)
Post a Comment