Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

Semi-Normal

I love a yellow tree on a rainy day.  It seems more brilliant against the gray day.

 We love even more that the basement stayed dry!

The pic above is the same tree the next day with the sun shining.  It seems to fade into the background now.   Something else that is brighter is our basement.  The electrician came last week to repair the electrical wire that broke with the wall.  His crew took out our single bulb fixtures with pull chains in the four corners of the room and installed 4 fluorescent double light fixtures - - - with a double switch-plate at the base of the basement stairs.   What a wonderful difference!  (Remember this is an unfinished storage basement.)

 No more work was done this week with the basement.  The wall is still curing.  At the end of last week, only the bottom corners seemed to need a bit more drying out.  That wall is a thing of beauty to us - - even if it is grey cinderblock.

 Do you remember when my husband was a volunteer at the Honors Course for the above tournament?  If not, it's okay.  As a reward for the workers, they got to play eighteen holes of golf there today. 

 He had a WONDERFUL time - - - great weather, played decently, and enjoyed talking with his partner - - who happens to go to church with us - - - but they never met until today.  These things happen in a big church.

 On Saturday night, Bill and I enjoyed a fun couple of hours at a couple's home.  They invited quite a few people in for delicious finger foods and  fabulous fellowship.

Some of you mentioned Trick or Treaters in today's blogs.  We generally get none since we are at the end of a hilly street and the houses in our subdivision are too far apart for kids to walk.  (Plus with ten foot deep trenches around two sides of our house, we don't need kids in the yard.)   Also, our city has two HUGE festivals tonight in addition to activities in our indoor shopping mall. 

About your blogs ---- I have read most of them but will never get caught up on comments.  Sorry about that but . . . . Y'all - - - - semi-normal feels WONDERFUL!  It's a great respite from the stress of last week!  Catch you next weekend - - probably!

Its leaves were lovely . . . Daniel 4:12a




 

6 comments:

George said...

I glad things are returning to normalaround your house. I think you have had enough excitement for a while. It sounds as if your basement is going to be even nicer than before.
I really like that yellow tree.

betty said...

I do like the yellow trees; that is interesting too the contrast on a rainy, cloudy day versus a sunny day! Joyous news about your basement, its progress, extra lighting with it too! I did remember about your husband's volunteering; glad he got to play golf for his efforts!

I am sure it is refreshing to have life return back to a little bit of normal, right before the holidays!

betty

Busy Bee Suz said...

:) Semi-normal IS wonderful. I agree with you on the yellow tree....it looks so pretty and special on a gray day. (NOT that we have any yellow trees here!!!)
Congrats on getting your beautiful wall done....so nice to be past that 'hard part'. And new lighting??? WOnderful, now you will be able to see what you are storing down there.
Have a great day!!!

Patsy said...

The trees or lovely and so glad all is looking up for you both. Thanks for your comments on my blogs.

grammy said...

I am glad you are feeling almost normal (o:
Glad the basement is coming along.
we have a big snow storm (our 2nd) coming tonight...yikes!

Karen said...

Have a wonderful week and enjoy the last of the fall color! Beautiful pics!