With all that has been going on in our lives, I did not go crazy decorating but focused on one room. It was still simple - - but more than I have done in some other years. Having time and energy to enjoy being together seemed more important than wearing myself out so we had the aesthetics.
The book in the owl's hand has some of the words of "The Night Before Christmas". It says, "And I heard him exclaim as he drove out of sight - - - Merry Christmas to Owl and to Owl a good night!"
We have had the cat in the balloon basket a LONG time - - since the girls were little - - reminds us of the story, Hot Air Henry, a Reading Rainbow Book - - - - - Meow - - Meow!
The football player is fairly recent - - - orange & white jingle bell - - - Tennessee's UTK VOLS.
My sister gave me the Nativity Set. It's like stained glass and looks really pretty in a window with the sun shining through it.
Baby's first Christmas gift (even though Baby isn't due till July 28). It's from sister to sister.
I "made" my husband stop by the House of Lights the other night. Their decorations are computer coordinated to flash with the beat of Christmas songs on a certain radio station.
My husband showed our son-in-law how to play our new favorite game. Match six of the same shape (different colors) or six of the same color but different shapes. It either frustrates you to no end or keeps your mind sharp!
Today we went to worship at church . . . also had the library open for those who wanted an item. Then we went to Joshua's Mamaw's house for an excellent feast. We are still full over five hours later!
I pray you all have had a wonderful time with family and friends this weekend, too as we celebrate the only ONE in life who matters most, our precious, precious Jesus!
And she brought forth her firstborn Son, and wrapped Him in swaddling cloths, and laid Him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn. Luke 2:7







10 comments:
You have some cute ornaments, Lynda. Glad you all had a great time at your Christmas get-together. I know you are all excited about the baby. Can't wait for you to share some of those new recipes!
That owl reading is so cute, and I love that it says "and to owl a good night." Your Christmas sounds grand, and ours was too.
I am home now from the festivities. Looking forward to resting. Having my typical "evening" sickness.
It sounds simply wonderful. Your decorations are lovely and that game looks like something I would enjoy. Nothing like being frustrated at a game to help keep that old brain in working order.
Your Christmas sounds just perfect....sometimes I think the decorating is JUST too exhausting. {But I still do it inside, I gave up the outside part!}
I really LOVE the owl ornament. Isn't it great though to go through and see all the old ones and they bring back so many memories; love that!
Blessings to you and your family Lynda!
how beautiful!!!
that game looks like it would drive me crazy...but hubby would like it (o:
Sounds like a wonderful Christmas :)
Looks like you all had a wonderful Christmas. God bless you!
Lovely.
And to owl, a good night.
Meow! Meow!
Pearl
Ornaments are adorable. Wishes for fun, health and happiness in 2012!
Post a Comment