Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Seven Scrumptious Suppers!

I am blessed, blessed, blessed!  These roses were the centerpiece of yet another birthday dinner held for me!  My friend Judy prepared a meal in her home for a total of nine of us.  In addition to the real roses, she made some paper flowers, too.  They hung over the table and added to the festive party aesthetics.
Each guest had their own place-card in the form of a check-out card for a library book!  Can you tell she spent quite a bit of time preparing for this?!!  The food was DELICIOUS!  Judy can do anything and whatever she does, she does extremely well.
The library card theme circulated to the wall to show the reason for the occasion.
  Judy even had a game for us to play entitled, "How well do you know Lynda?"  She had asked me questions a few days before the party.  She divided the guests into two teams and they had to guess the right multiple choice answer on subjects ranging from favorite color to years married to number of siblings and types of jobs I had held.  It was fun. We laughed and I came close to crying at the outpouring of love from those fabulous females.  Not only did they travel on a very blustery, rainy, dark night but they showered me with gift cards as well.  Because of that, I did not eat at home all week in the evening!!!
On Wednesday, we went to see the first ultrasound of our grandchild!  Amanda has those pictures on her blog.  It seemed easier to see them on the monitor though since it magnified them.  The baby is right on target in growth.  Praise God!

Friday morning saw the installation of a new basement door.  It still needs some trim and painting but that's called job security in chasing away boredom!  Ha.
On Friday night, my 104 years old friend and I shared frozen chocolate yogurt from Perkits.  It's one of her favorite treats.
 This morning I made pancakes and ham for breakfast.  My hubby needed a full stomach since scraping some of the texture off the kitchen ceiling was in his plans.  Less than a quarter of this ceiling is left to do.  In addition to some future painting (there's that word again), you will see another difference in this area - - maybe within two weeks?
We put a drop cloth over the cabinets and sink to keep the mess minimal.  Even though there is a tool that holds a bag to catch scrapings, we have found a plain scraper works best.  Spray the ceiling with water and gently scrape.  Repeat one or two times.
Talk to you next weekend . . .

Long life is the reward of the righteous; gray hair is a glorious crown.  Proverbs 16:31

 

 

14 comments:

Rae said...

Your friend sounds wonderful. That was very nice of her to have such a splendid party. Yes, you are blessed, but I am positive that you are a blessing to those around you too.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet friend to have such a delightful party/meal. Your roses are lovely. I know what a blessing you are to each of us who blog with you and I know you bless your friends there too.
Wonderful news about the baby!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

What a great party, Lynda. You truly have some great friends --and of course, family... This was really a super birthday for you... Congrats!!!!!

Congrats also on the upcoming birth of your grandbaby.
Hugs,
Betsy

Patsy said...

Misslynda you are blessed with wonderful friends, husband, and getting a new baby. "Wow" and
Congratulation!

Pat said...

Judy really went all out in planning this birthday party! A library theme! How cute!

And how exciting to see the ultrasound of the new baby! Congrats!

George said...

You certainly had a wonderful birthday party with your friends. The library card theme was so special. I don't envy your husband his scraping and painting job, but I know the result will be beautiful.

Busy Bee Suz said...

I am thrilled that you received such an outpouring of love for your birthday! You deserve it. I love love love the library card themes; so darn cute!
Scraping the kitchen ceiling? Sounds like so much fun. Not. Can't wait to see what else you are doing there...always busy busy busy!!!
xoxo

Busy Bee Suz said...

Oh, so excited for the healthy baby news too!

grammy said...

Grand baby!!! Yes!!!
Happy Birthday and how wonderful. What a fun dinner.
I can't believe how hard and messy that would be to scrape a ceiling. My popcorn ceilings will be there till we die, or move to a home!!! lol

Savories of life said...

I would love to live to 104! Glad you had a great birthday.

Karen said...

What fun! Happy Birthday!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Oh where have I been girl, I missed your party.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MISS LYNDA!!!!

The roses just took my breath away, what a treat.

Your friend sounds like a most special lady.

God bless and have a marvelous weekend sweetie!!! :o)

Caribbean Cindy said...

I LOVED seeing the photos from this birthday party! YAY for Judy and her wonderful creativity! SO happy that you could have a great, fun time with your wonderful friends!! Made me smile BIG!

Buttercup said...

What a fun party! Wishing you many, many more celebrations. I'm hopping over to see the ultrasound. That's a birthday gift!