Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Been Busy . . . .

Went to a consignment sale with my daughter and bought a couple of things for the new grand-baby - -  - we will know if it's a he or she the third week of March!
Have worked out on the elliptical 3 - 4 times a week for the last three weeks.
 Photography class met outside tonight.
We did some macro shots.
  The next one shows shallow-depth-of-field.
 The good news about my camera is it is an "intermediate" - - - a step or two up from a 'point & shoot' - - - which gives me some options - - but not more than I can handle.  I have learned to improve a few things which makes me happy.  It's just a hobby for making memories for me.

What's kept us the busiest - - - besides our jobs - - - is working around the house.  What we are doing now is optional.  Bill has two coats of paint on the ceiling but may do one more - - - just because it will look better.   He is a great painter and has worked hard on our projects.  The next plan is to paint the walls - - - change the counter-top and put in a tile back-splash.  (We will hire someone(s) for the last two items.)

All that to say, we have been to stores, looking at options, and at this point, these are our final colors.  The dark sample on the white paint will be the counter.  Latte on the right side of the pic is the wall color and the horizontal tiles in plastic are accent for the larger tile.  Our cabinets will be painted white.  We will keep you updated on progress - - but suffice it to say, our weekends will be busy for quite a while.  (Paint is from Sherwin Williams.  They do an excellent job of matching colors exactly to their samples.)
 I am behind on reading and commenting on your blogs - - hope to catch up here and there over the next week.

If the Lord does not build the house, the work of the builders is useless;  Psalm 127 1a



 

9 comments:

Laura said...

I'm just thrilled to see a post from you...you had me a bit worried!!!! OK, now that I know you are just busy, I'm happy! Happy that grand-baby is healthy and coming, oh before you really know it..and that projects are getting done, I know that must feel good. The colors are lovely, something I too would choose.

Have a blessed week!
Laura

Betsy Banks Adams said...

I've been wondering about you, Lynda. Glad you are just busy and staying VERY active. We stay busy also --and are getting ready to go on a couple of trips...

We went hiking and waterfalling in the North GA mountains over Valentine's Day. Had a great time...

Glad you are doing so well.. I know you are excited about that new upcoming grandbaby.
Hugs,
Betsy

Anonymous said...

I know you guys are excited to learn if the baby is a girl or boy. You'll have so much fun choosing special items for the baby.
Love your choices for the kitchen. It will be worth all the hard work. Take care; you have been missed.

Busy Bee Suz said...

baby stuff (super exciting!), exercising, photography skills and home projects: ALL GOOD STUFF!!!!

I am really really excited about your kitchen reno! Do you know that is what the Coach does? I consider myself a very very good kitchen designer too, and I love all your choices! The colors will look great freshly painted white cabinets. (I love sherwin williams paint too)
I hope you remember to take before photos before the big stuff happens!!!
Take care,
Suz

Patsy said...

I know you will be happy to have all your projects over before the new baby comes. Then your time with the new camera and baby will sure be fun.

grammy said...

Love the colors and what you have chose. Seems like so much work. We did that 35 years ago on a new house...picked out everything... not my favorite thing.
So much looking forward to a new baby is so great. My youngest Grand will be 5 in May. I have one unmarried son... so I am hoping for another some day (o:

Amanda said...

Still planning on painting the spare bedrooms sometime?

Caribbean Cindy said...

I love that you are taking the phototgraphy class! I want to do that someday! How fun to be getting things ready for the sweet baby! My, oh my, how hard you are working on your house!! It's going to be so very beautiful!! Gotta get those weekends freed up before that new arrival! Great job on the exercise!!

George said...

You HAVE been very busy. I like the photos you took with your photography class. It looks as if you are learning quite a bit about going beyond a point-and-shoot.