On sale at Aldi's through this Tuesday - - - - Whole Pineapple 99 cents - - - strawberries are 79 cents. They are in a 'sauce' of 4 parts orange juice and one part honey which in this dish is 1 cup to 1/4 cup. Let sit (in the refrigerator) at least an hour for it to get sweeter. The honey will dissolve so don't worry about it happening while cutting up your fruit.
Lots of flowers blooming and also transitioning to leaves very quickly.
Side by side with the beauty is destruction once again from tornadoes that visited the area a week ago Friday.
The storm targeted different neighborhoods this time. In this neighborhood, it seemed to leapfrog houses because only a few were selected.
The Praise God about this storm is in our area, there were not any fatalities that I am aware of. Also, the tornado touched down right next to an elementary school and the community college where it uprooted LARGE trees - - - that did not touch the buildings!!! As we have said the past few months, it's "only money and materials" at this point. It's wearisome but it could be worse!!!
And my posting will still be sporadic since we are very busy - - - painting inside & cleaning outside - - - will blog about them another day. I am trying to read everyone of you still - - and have even commented on a few! Miss you but will catch up sometime - - maybe. The good news for me is I feel no pressure to post since my main reason for doing this is to update out-of-town family and also make a journal for us. The bonus though is getting to meet new friends!
He hath made every thing beautiful in his time . . . . Ecclesiastes 3:11a




15 comments:
And your new friends so enjoy hearing from you. Thankful that the major buildings were spared and there were no fatalities. The fruit salad looked delicious. I need to get some fresh pineapple, too.
Your fruit looks yummy, and yes that damage is severe but could be much worse. Praise God for that! :)
Pineapple for 99 cents? UNHEARD OF!!!!
I love all the beauty in your post and I am SO thankful that no injuries happened in your town!
Mother nature is not to be trusted.
Take care, Suz
We were going to get a Aldi's but the deal felled because of a traffic light.
Glad you are safe.
I can sympathize with busy. May have to go buy some pineapple. We got a new pineapple cutter for Christmas.
Lynda, I can understand about not having time to blog. I only blog 3 days a week now. BUT--I joined Facebook and it is much simpler. I have been able to keep up with so many friends on FB --and love it. You may want to try it.
I didn't realize that another tornado had hit your area... Scary, huh? Glad nobody was hurt/killed.
Blog when you can... Love hearing from you.
Hugs,
Betsy
so glad your house was safe...and no one was hurt..we still have lots of wind...but no tornados
by the way... I am 59...not 49 (o:
Taco Soup you mentioned you loved. would love recipe/
Loved your post!
Aldi sells pineapple for low prices about what you said.
Oh darlin' I'm so happy your safe and sound. Looks like some of your neighbors took a hard hit.
That fruit bowl is not only beautiful but looks sooooo yummy.
God bless ya and have yourself a sunshiny kinda day my friend!! :o)
You are a treasured friend, for sure. So thankful there were no fatalities with your recent storms. Lovely photos of the spring flowers.
You are a treasured friend, for sure. So thankful there were no fatalities with your recent storms. Lovely photos of the spring flowers.
That salad looks (and sounds) delicious. We don't have Aldi's around here, but I'll have to see what we can find in our stores. Your Spring photos are beautiful. I'm sorry about the tornadoes in your area again, but I'm thankful that no one was hurt.
So very glad those storms did not touch your property and thanking God with you over no loss of life. Hope there will be no more this spring! That fruit made me want to eat it right now! Beautiful!
So very glad those storms did not touch your property and thanking God with you over no loss of life. Hope there will be no more this spring! That fruit made me want to eat it right now! Beautiful!
Post a Comment