These pics were taken different weeks last month. Above you can see The Commons area of our church set up for a cooking demonstration. The event is called Tasty Blessings and meets once a month during the school year. Generally about 100 people attend. Not only do they get some new recipes but their entry fee entitles them to sample every dish - which fills you up nicely by the evening's end.
The theme was Mexican food. Our Food Ministry Coordinator decorated a theme display table. This woman has a great "eye" for design elements that look beautiful and festive together. The candles (can be seen well in the first pic) and this cactus were all surrounded by different kinds of dried beans. The plates were hand-painted. Each set of flatware was tied together with a ribbon that drew a color from the tablecloth. Great fun is always had by the attendees. I have not gone to one in a while - - - just because I don't stay out that late much on work nights.
However, I did attend this one shown below. It was a birthday party for three friends who celebrated birthdays within a month of each other.
Our hostess also has a great eye for decorating tastefully. She hung just the couple of things you see in these pictures.
She had flowers in her beautiful kitchen on the island with the food - - which was Mexican. Nacho salads - - - yum!!!
The table had a cream-colored tablecloth with these festive place mats.
Cute little hats were at each setting, too.
The food was delicious and the fellowship fantastic. We all have known each other about fifteen years now. It is fun to be together but walking in the door and seeing the decorations enhances the time from the start! It makes it extra special and memorable.
But he who is of a merry heart has a continual feast. Proverbs 15:15b
6 comments:
Sounds like so much fun and the decorations are fantastic!
Looks like a great fiesta!
You had me at Mexican food!!!
I am so impressed with all the wonderful events your church hosts...this is awesome for your community!
Happy birthday to all your girlfriends.
xo
Those decorations were awesome! You mean to tell me that she hand-painted over 100 plates? Wow!
I had to laugh at your last post - 8,000 steps! That was a good one!
What a colorful fun post! Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting on my blog.
I really like the cooking idea (o:
the steps are funny... I stopped tracking it because it became a burden to try to get 1000 steps everyday. I should start again though. Congrats on that baby... I need me a baby boy (o: maybe someday.
Post a Comment