Pages

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Library Learning & Celebration

Today six of our library staff attended our Tennessee Baptist Convention's Regional Library Conference.  It was also a celebration of their fifty years of library ministry in our state.
For the past four weeks, our FBC Library's Wednesday workers made party favor bags for the TBC attendees to take home.  Inside each were these treats attached to some slogans that could be duplicated for their home church library's promotion.



These are about postcard size.

Our favorite class was internet promotional tools.
I now am understanding why people fall in love with Pinterest!
When I got home, I made a recipe new to us (but had found it last week before discovering Pinterest today).  It is  
We really liked it.  However I will do two things differently the next time I cook it.  The juice or water should increase by 1/4 cup.  Cooking time needs to be longer.  Next time, I will cook it covered at 400 degrees for thirty minutes; then reduce the heat to 350 degrees; and uncover it 10 minutes later to cook until the rice and chicken are done - - - probably about 20 more minutes to give a total cooking time of one hour.

 Keep my commands and live, And my law as the apple of your eye.  Proverbs 7:2

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The slogans are cute as can be. Thanks for telling us about the recipe, too. Have a blessed Sunday.

Karen said...

What fun! I was a library addict when I was a kid! Still am.

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

Those cards are so cute! The recipe sounds yummy. I like pork chops with baked apples. I'd never thought of chicken and apples.

Busy Bee Suz said...

The slogans are so darn cute....love them all!
I'm going to check out the baked chicken recipe now, I'm always looking for a different way to prepare chicken.
xo

Amanda said...

Cute cards. :)