Pages

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Change in the Air

We took a little drive to the WHITEWATER CENTER today to see the fall colors.  Even though this isn't the best picture, you can see the change is patchy.  Some leaves are gone.  Some are brilliant colors and some are still green.
The leaves change every year but life at our house has been the same for a few years.  However, that is about to change!!!  Beginning this week, I started watching our grandson, Benjamin for half a week.  Below he is in the middle of a smile for Pop Pop, who came home for lunch.
From now until Christmas, he will be at our house each Thursday and Friday.  In January, Benjamin will be here from Monday - Friday because I am RETIRING!!!  I have loved, loved, loved being our church's library director but many things have influenced my decision - - - one is getting the opportunity to be with our grandson.  Also, I will be 62 in January.
A lot of time has been spent in prayer about this decision but once God's voice was clear about which direction to take, I have been very excited to begin this new phase of our lives.  We will get to take walks together as well as play with his toys.  Benjamin loves his "crinkle elephant".  The feet are teethers and the slender body has crinkle paper inside the fabric.  Benjamin will grin at Elephant and then hug and chew on him.
So I will try not to make every post about him - - - but he will be present in many!  I will tell you about other things in our lives - - things like my husband being in Knoxville yesterday for the football game.  (This picture was actually taken on Sept 15 of this year.)
Here is a picture of me taken today.  It is a decent one of me - - despite a shadow on the side of my face - - and the glasses reflecting the light.  I have PhotoShop but have not had time to learn it yet.  I love the flowers.  My internet search said they are Fleabane Daisies, also call the Dainty Daisy.  According to Amazon, they are drought tolerant and deer resistant.  The name is derived from the belief that the dried flowers repel fleas.  Anybody know if that is true?

Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; 29 and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these  Matthew 6:28b-29

11 comments:

betty said...

Oh how exciting to be retiring! And to have a wonderful "job" to take on with watching your little grandson! Your days will be grand ones watching him indeed! I bet you can't wait until January!

betty

Anonymous said...

You look beautiful, Lynda. Congrats on your upcoming retirement and you will have so much fun babysitting Benjamin! He is adorable.

Busy Bee Suz said...

YOU ARE GLOWING!!!!!
I am thrilled with your decision....that is if you cared what I thought. :)
A chance to be a big influence in Benjamin's life is such a gift. Grandmas are the most special women....and you are already rocking that title!
I'm so excited for you...and for him!

I have no idea about those flowers....but they are lovely!
Congrats.
XOXO

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

What a grand new adventure you're about to embark on! Your grandson is such a cutie pie!

George said...

I'm sure you are excited about the changes that are coming in your life. I'm sure they will be good for you and for Benjamin. He's a cutie, and I don't think we would mind seeing more of him in future posts.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

I am so glad that you are retiring, Lynda... You will love keeping your grandson. That is AWESOME..... I can 'feel' the smile on your face now!!!!

GREAT photo of you---such a gorgeous woman!!!!

Hope you have had a wonderful week.
Hugs
Betsy

Patsy said...

I am so happy for you! Beautiful baby and he will love, love you.

Buttercup said...

Great pictures of you and sweet Benjamin. Thanks for your thoughts on Buttercup's. I had the same. But I need to remember I am in the place I am supposed to be and trust G'd. Appreciate your prayers. We're worried about the little house at the beach.

Linda said...

Hi Lynda, greetings from Montreal, Canada. You have an amazing blog here, and what a lovely post. You look so beautiful.

Patsy said...

Even if the ribbits eat the tops of the pansy they will come back in the spring.Don't know about deer.

WPgirl said...

Congrats on your decision to retire. Enjoy taking care of your handsome grandson.
Lynda in Michigan