Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Leaf Me Alone

Remember when you were a kid and did leaf rubbings?  Or you sealed them between sheets of wax paper with crayon shavings?   And you got to jump in piles of leaves and bury yourself underneath them and smell the scent that is Autumn?  I don't even remember it bothering my sinuses when "buried alive".

But then we grew up and the leaves became work.
The roof needs clearing (and this is only one section).  The decks and stairs stay covered.  They have to be cleared before the rain.  (This was last weekend - a week ago.)
Hooray for Super Husband and his trusty sidekick, Windy!  As you can see, Bill does a great job eradicating the roof of tree gifts. I try not to worry about him up there - - - high off the ground.  He is very careful - - has not fallen yet - - - and we both pray he never will.
He has - - what you could call - - - job security cuz there are still more to descend!
However, the pansies are happy with the leaves.  It gives them a nice blanket for the winter temperatures.  Time will tell how they fare this year.  I gave each of them good potting soil when transplanting them.  Don't you love their brilliant pop of color against the leaves?
. . . . As the leaf falls from the vine. . . .   Isaiah 34:4            
Future blog - - - hopefully within a week, I plan a give-away - - - - 

and at some point - - more pictures of Benjamin with the camera.  I have some with my phone - - but they are only okay.   He is sooooo precious and I have enjoyed the half weeks of babysitting immensely!!!!

6 comments:

Terra said...

What a pretty yellow pansy and all those leaves to admire and to clean up keep you both busy.

betty said...

A thankless never ending job clearing leaves one fall to another, but definitely a necessary one indeed! I can imagine watching your little grandson is a very big highlight of your week!

betty

Busy Bee Suz said...

It makes me nervous too with him on the roof. Perhaps you can employ a young gun to run windy for you???
I DO love the pansies so much....it is always too hot here for them.
Oh, and since I grew up in south Florida, I never had to deal with leaves....or jump in a pile of them. Our Autumn still meant jumping into the swimming pool.
:) ENjoy that little boy of yours!
XO

Anonymous said...

At our last house, sometimes we could not "find" the driveway for all the leaves. I do love your pansies. I know you are loving time with Benjamin. Can't wait to see photos. Enjoy your day, Lynda.

Patsy said...

Love the Pansies! and (leaves)?

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

We spent last weekend clearing the roof and steps of leaves. Then we had terrible winds and everything is covered back up....