My favorite person is my husband but even he agrees that these men come in second place. It's our contractor, Mark Beaty, and his assistant, Tyler. They are the ones who rebuilt our basement wall when it collapsed. This time they were back on a non-emergency basis.
They did a variety of jobs from replacing a dryer vent hose to installing crown molding in a couple of rooms to giving added foundation support under the part of the house that did not have flooding issues. However, we had some uneven floors. The good news is our block walls and wood beams are in great shape but more columns were needed in a few areas.
This was interesting to me - - - - some fascia boards needed replacing. We thought everything would be done on ladders - - - - but as you can see, measuring and cutting was done on the roof. One person was on the ladder though when they attached the boards.
It feels wonderful to have these construction projects done. Speaking of projects, you should see the list I am compiling now that I am retired. One thing I will work on this week is playing catch-up on reading your blogs. Life was really, really super busy from mid-November until the Christmas holidays.
Also, I need to blog our holidays even though they have passed. I want them for my scrapbook. - - - so - - - until next time!!!
Where there is no vision, the people perish . . . Proverbs 29:18a


7 comments:
I've got a list of apartment projects that start after I retire. I've got some ideas for a home office and am eager to get started. Looking forward to your holiday pictures and wishes for a happy, healthy and fun 2013.
It's a real blessing to have guys that you trust to do these construction projects. Glad you are crossing some things off the list! Looking forward to your family holiday photos.
Always admire workmen; especially those that work on roofs! Glad to hear projects are done and you can keep enjoying your retirement days!!
Happy New Year!!!
betty
You are so lucky to have such wonderful and trustworthy men to do some heavy work. How nice to have those issues 'behind' you now!
Good luck with that to do list. :)
I know we all want to see how fun your holidays were. And by that, I'm speaking of how much fun Benjamin had!!!! :)
Happy 2013
XOXO
Just stopping in to say hello. We've just come through several months of construction here....guess I'll have to post that one day too.
It's great that you found a good contractor to work on your house. Good, trust-worthy ones can be hard to come by. We're going to have to get our contractor back in the Spring to do some work as well.
Happy 2013!!! May it be filled with many blessings!
So, happy that you are retired and can now enjoy that sweet little Grand-dumpling!
I look forward to seeing lots of pictures and post in the coming months~ hint hint ;)
Laura
Post a Comment