 |
| Gift Tags made from Embossed Paper | |
Life has settled into a nice routine. I am even able to find some time to do a few little projects around the house. Nothing big yet - - saving that for when Benjamin is home with his Mom during the school breaks.
 |
| Shaving Cream & liquid watercolors used to dye eggs. I don't know what they would look like when dry - - if they would have texture or not. According to the instructions, shaving Cream was smoothed out on a cookie sheet. The paint was added and "pulled" through the cream to create the patter and then the egg rolled through it. |
Obviously I have found time to browse on Pinterest - - and "pin" the things of "interest" to me. There are some really clever ideas out there. I haven't tried most of what is pinned but have just started looking around.
 |
| Fence made from wheels. |
 |
| Ivory Soap "cloud" made in microwave. You are supposed to be able to put it back in liquid form; add food coloring; and put it in cookie cutter forms to make "shaped soap". My daughter and I wondered if the soap smell will linger in the microwave - - and how long. Would you taste it in the next food dishes you heat up? |
 |
| One of many islands made from dressers. I saw another with two of the same dressers attached back-to-back to create a larger island. I like the originality. |
Has anyone tried this idea shown below of the babies in the laundry basket in the tub? It keeps their toys near them and is supposed to keep them from tipping backwards and hitting their head on the tub. Of course, you still sit there and supervise the baby the entire time.
 |
| Put a towel in the bottom to make it less slippery. |
If a person had a level yard and wanted to build up their leg muscles - - - this is pretty creative.
 |
| Marble races with swimming pool "noodles". |
Another thing I saw you could do with these noodles is notch them and use them like Lincoln Logs to build "forts" and "houses".
 |
| 2 liter bottle (with holes) attached to a garden hose. Use for children's play or watering flowers. |
|
It's nice to have a couple of weeks of - - - plain 'ole routine with nothing major going on.
For by him were all things created
, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and
invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or
principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: Colossians 1:16
13 comments:
i spend too much time blogging to pin, facebook or tweet. :)
pretty clever stuff, though.
Oh my, some Pinteresting things you found! I love it, and have spent too much time perusing and pinning --- 1500+ pins, if that tells you anything.. lol.. but I've been at it awhile. And, sure.. I've tried them all.. lol.. NOT.. but I've tried several of them. I love the pins you found. I can sure tell you are blessed with grandkids ♥ hope you're having a wonderful weekend! -Tammy
I haven't done the thing with the babies in the laundry basket in the tub, but it sounds like it could be effective, especially of course with supervision, which we would do anyway with a baby in a tub :)
Pinterest is interesting; I've done a little of it, but not much. Lots of great ideas there though.
I'm thinking one would have to wash the microwave out really well if soap was in there before food went back in....but that's probably what I would do.
Happy pinning!
betty
Pinterest is a great place to relax and explore. Great finds, Lynda!
Sounds like retirement is being good to you, Lynda. Isn't it nice to have those extra times to do some of the things we didn't have time to do before? Love it!!!!!!
Thanks for sharing some of the great ideas. That soap does look edible... ha ha
Hugs,
Betsy
Wonderful ideas. Those gift tags are so sweet! Glad you are enjoying extra time on the computer. As Benjamin grows older, you two will have so much fun on projects together!
There are some great ideas on Pinterest..I haven't had time to go there for awhile. I bet the baby keeps you busy..he is growing!:)
I'm so happy that you are enjoying a few free moments; you deserve that. Pinterest is awesome. I've been perusing it lately trying to get ideas for re-doing our guest room. I LOVE it! the gift tags are adorable and I love the idea of the laundry basket in the tub; SO clever. I hope all is well with you all!
XOXO
Suz
Somehow I have to figure out how to get more hours in a day to get to all the things on my 'to do' list. But I must admit that you've got some great ideas here.
You found some fun things on Pinterest. I'm addicted to it
Thanks for sharing these great ideas, Lynda. I will be in charge of the grandkids during spring break, so I can use the craft ideas!
Those are some great ideas. Recycling things are great.
It often amazes me how people come up with so many things to do.
I love the fun things you are finding on Pinterest. I think you will continue to find neat things to do with Benjamin!
Post a Comment