I love Saturdays. It is generally the only day we are both home all day without anything scheduled. Sometimes Bill has to go into work a few hours like this morning but not too often.
One thing I chose to do today was make our favorite fruit salad. I know I have posted the dressing before but here it is again.
One part honey and 4 parts orange juice. That is generally any multiple of 1/4 cup honey to 1 cup of orange juice. Don't worry that the honey doesn't seem to be dissolving. It will have done that by the time you can eat it a couple of hours later. Use only hard fruits - - fresh or a combination of fresh and canned. Missing from this are grapes but I was not happy with the prices on them. This will keep close to a week in the refrigerator. If you want soft fruits like bananas, add them to individual dishes just before serving.
I love working outside and did that three different times today - - but can't do it more than 30 minutes at a time due to the humidity. However, two wheelbarrows of sticks were collected and a bunch of "volunteer" plants with stems were cut back. At the same time, Bill was mowing. Working in our yard is like draining the ocean one teaspoon at a time.
Here is my favorite footwear. With these boots, I can walk through poison ivy, mud, etc. and just hose them off when finished. Removing them is hands-free, too as we have some basement steps that act as a boot jack/boot pull.
Better than being outside in the summer though is being inside with the air conditioning!!! There are more than enough projects to keep me busy there, too - - - like arranging the books Amanda sent for Benjamin. Height order is appealing to me. (You are only seeing a small portion of the collection.)
It is difficult for me to focus on one task to completion because it bores me and I slow down - - so I jump back and forth - - and it seems there is nothing done to show for my efforts. But perseverance pays off and eventually there are a number of finished projects.
It has been a great day - - - little time in the kitchen because I cooked extra during the week. So we had good nutrition, too, with minimal effort. Hope your Saturday has been enjoyable, too.
The fruit tells you about the tree. Matthew 12:33b
13 comments:
and just when you work through the to-dos in the yard (and house, for that matter) it's time to start all over again. :)
That fruit salad looks wonderful, and I will have to try the dressing. We love honey, and orange juice. Yum. Thanks for posting it again, for your new friends!
I loathe yard work. I like our yard to look nice, but I don't want to have to mess with it. We have a "yard man" who mows, trims and cleans up. Joe can't do it because of his allergies, and I refuse. It's too hot and humid most of the time, here in Florida. Can you tell I loathe yard work? LOL
I like you boots - great way to stay out of trouble!
The fruit salad looks delicious.
Glad you had an enjoyable day.
Wishing you a blessed Sunday.
The fruit salad recipe sounds yummy and I am like you, I get bored and want to change tasks. I weed a little, then prune, then wash the floor, etc. Also, like your yard, it is endless work. A pretty result tho.
Looks like you had a great day.. Neat boots to work outside... I don't go into the empty lot next to our house now since there is poison ivy in there...Yuk...
Your fruit salad sounds wonderful... I love fresh fruit in the summer. We bought some peaches today--but they are definitely not ripe yet.
Have a blessed Sunday.
Hugs,
Betsy
The fruit salad and dressing look great. I too have issues with the prices of grapes; yikes.
I love your 'working in the yard' analogy; too funny.
XOXO
I used to fix fresh fruit salad for my grandfather. This dressing sounds perfect!
Lynda, that fruit salad looks delicious!!! Wonderful post and photos. Thank you so much for sharing.
The fruit salad looks delicious. My mother kept a bowl of fruit salad in the refrigerator all summer and it was the best snack. Thanks for your great email. We are very much on the same wave length.
Looks like you had a busy Saturday. I too love to jump from project to project. Not sure where you live but I understand about not being able to work in humidity. Love the fruit salad. xx
You can make that fruit salad for me any time you want. It looks delicious. I know what you mean when you say yard work is like draining the ocean with a teaspoon. Our yard is exactly the same way. I like your yard footwear.
I think I need some boots like that--impervious to poison ivy and probably snakes. I have a hard time focusing on just one thing too.
I just told my husband your dressing for the fruit salad. He was very interested so I'll be trying that soon. My books are sorted by height, too. I pull my books to the edge just because I don't like anyone putting things in front of them. My canned jars of apple butter and jellies fit behind them and nobody knows!
Post a Comment