Pages

Thursday, July 4, 2013

July 2 & 3, 2013

This is one of Bill's vacation weeks - - and on vacation, a person should do what he chooses - - right?  He and I chose to go and visit our daughter and grandson for two consecutive days - - but this doesn't look like Benjamin!


Neither does this!
 Here he is - - taking a break from playing peek-a-boo - - one of his very favorite games now.   This is one of the few times Bill has gotten to play with him for hours rather than just seeing him on a lunch hour.
Amanda's Blackeyed Susans are blooming beautifully.  They were one of my mom's favorite flowers and also one of ours.  Their golden color is like sunshine on the ground.
Do you see the swing at the far end of the porch?  If you are sitting there or standing anywhere on the porch, you have a wonderful view.
This is that view - - one that I have shown you before but I never tire of it - - - even on a cloudy day.  It is so very relaxing and peaceful at their home.
Today we have enjoyed being inside the air-conditioning and working on sorting and cleaning the basement a bit.  It may not be exciting to anyone else but we enjoy having time to do that!

Tonight we are watching the nation's patriotic celebration on public television.  We just saw the last thirty minutes and are now watching the beginning!  Praise God for our precious America!

And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great ; and thou shalt be a blessing:   Genesis 12:2 






8 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful 4th of July... God Bless America. We watched some of the patriotic shows on TV tonight also--including the fireworks.

We had rain all day --but we still enjoyed our BBQ and watermelon!!!!!

Hugs,
Betsy

TexWisGirl said...

i would visit there, too! just to sit on that porch and enjoy that gorgeous countryside!

Terri D said...

There is just nothing like a big porch, a swing, and a lovely view! The black-eyed susans are just beautiful...one of my favorites, too! So glad you had a relaxing time with family. Praying that God will continue to bless America.

Anonymous said...

Benjamin is so sweet. Amanda's flowers are so cheerful and that view is amazing.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Dare I say that Mr. Benjamin looks a lot like his handsome Grandpa?? He does!
I'm glad Bill had some time off to enjoy himself. Like you, I find that organizing the home is a JOY....especially when you have help!
I LOVE black eye Susan's too!
XO

Caribbean Cindy said...

I agree - that view is fabulous!! So glad they get to live in such a beautiful place! Loved the black-eyed susans - would love to have some oen day!

Caribbean Cindy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Linda said...

Hi Lynda, it sounds as if you had a productive and enjoyable day! I love to clean and organize!