Pages

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Make Hay While the Sun Shines!

My husband has been repainting our house while the weather is still good and I have been working in the yard - - - when not watching sweet Benjamin.  Bill and I are both VERY busy for two or three more weeks.
 
This week and part of next has our contractors replacing windows.  The house is upside down but it's all good.  We have all winter to be inside to rearrange it again.
 
Right now it is time for bed and I just finished painting some trim work before it is cut and nailed up tomorrow.  Bill is taking down brackets from inside the window frames that will be worked on tomorrow.  We didn't leave it until this hour but could not get to it before now due to other things we were doing.  I said I felt like we were on a decorating show and this was our homework!

I AM reading most of your posts but do not know when I will get to comment again.

The next update (in a couple of weeks?) will have some pictures.

15 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Glad to hear from you, Lynda. I was wondering if you had totally given up blogging. I haven't been doing it much lately myself --but do miss you.

Sounds like you are really 're-doing' the house!!!!! We recently got our deck stained--so we are finished with the 'maintenance' for this year. Getting a new roof was our BIG expense for the year.

Hugs,
Betsy

George said...

It sounds as if you are both extremely busy. I hope the good weather lasts until you get everything done. I look forward to the pictures.

Theresa said...

Oh I can't wait to see:) Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Terri D said...

Tons of heavy work, but how nice it will feel when it is all done!! I can't wait to see the "after" photos! I had to chuckle at your homework comment! HGTV is sort of an obsession of mine - it is on nearly all weekend, in the background while I putter around the house doing my 'homework'! LOL

Take your time...like you said, you have all winter to put things back. Wishing you a good weekend!

Joyful said...

Sounds like you are working hard. I thought maybe you had given up blogging too so I'm glad to "see" you back! Best of luck with the renos while the weather cooperates and thanks for visiting my blog.

Patsy said...

Even though you are so busy, I appreciate you taking the time for your encouragement. Thank You, sometimes the news makes me feel low.

Buttercup said...

Appreciate all that you're trying to do. The weather is great today, but know how quickly these warmish sunny days yield to rain and snow. Always Happy when you stop by and visit.

TexWisGirl said...

yikes! i hate the mess home repairs make, but it IS worth it. :)

Linda said...

Hi Lynda, I am so glad to see a post from you. I have missed you, but I am glad you are busy in a good way. Sending you a hug.

Karen said...

Can't wait to see the results of all your hard work! Take lots of pics!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Sounds like lots of work, hopefully you will enjoy the results! :)

Busy Bee Suz said...

Wow. You are busy busy busy....I think you need some helpers!
Take care,
Suz

Linda said...

Great to see a post from you, Linda. Sounds like you are working hard. I hope everything works out well for you. Hugs.

TexWisGirl said...

i hope things are getting settled by now!

Caribbean Cindy said...

You are a very hard-working woman! Can't wait to see the results and all the great "after" photos! Praying you have a great Thanksgiving week. I am definitely thankful for you!!