Pages

Monday, June 2, 2014

Summer Time!!!


School was out for the summer on May 23.  That means I am not babysitting everyday again until about July 28.  Benjamin is happy, too because he gets to spend more time with Mom and Dad.

I know this pic needs cropping - - but my pics are on a different photo program than before and sometimes it's not worth the time that day to learn something else.  It's a choice between posting or playing on the computer.

We are doing fine - - - just been super busy with this overgrown yard/woods of ours.  It will be drought weather soon and the growth will slow down.

I am careful about ticks (and of course poison ivy) when chopping stuff down.  I got tick-bit a few years ago and you may remember it caused a beef/pork allergy.  It's called Alpha-gal and can be life threatening if you're not careful.  When it's aggravated enough, an outbreak of hives is the result - - no fun at all.

Anyway - - - we eat more poultry because of it.   (Better for cholesterol anyway.)  One new product that we found and LOVE is the chicken items from Aidells.  Samples were given out one day at Publix.
http://www.aidells.com/our-way/aidells-story
We haven't tried their sausage yet but have been repeat customers on the chicken meatballs.   We tried them alone but they are more delicious in a sauce - - - like spaghetti.  If you ever see them on sale (or not), try them.

Till next time - - - and it should be sooner than the last post - - - - 

Also, I am on FB some days now - - search for Lynda W Harrington, Cleveland, TN 

15 comments:

Chris said...

Blog hopped and found you.. what an interesting blog.
Chris

Patsy said...

Glad to hear from you, Benjamin is a big boy now and so cute.

White Lace and Promises said...

That baby is precious!!! I'd rather keep the baby than clean up the yard:)

betty said...

Your little grandson is getting so big! I know you'll miss him during the school break, but I know you'll also get to see him, just maybe not necessarily every day. Enjoy the summer and do watch out for those ticks!

betty

Unknown said...

Good to know you are back posting, now that summer is here, and you have more time. Being a grandmother, I totally understand.

TexWisGirl said...

good to see a post from you, again! busy is good as long as all is well. sorry about the tick-induced allergy! wow! i learned something new from you!

Terri D said...

Have missed you, Lynda! Good to catch up. I sent you a friend request on FB!! Hope we can connect there. I need to look for some of that Aidells at Publix this week. Thanks for telling us about it!

Busy Bee Suz said...

I didn't remember the tick-meat allergy deal....that is so bizarre! we love that type of sausage; we purchase it at Costco almost every time we visit. (chicken & apple makes the kids so happy)
I hope you enjoy your yard work time; be safe!!!!

Anonymous said...

Benjamin just gets cuter every day. Nice to see a post from you.

Theresa said...

Oh what a cutie-pie! Enjoy your Summer dear friend, BIG HUGS!

George said...

I'm sure you miss seeing Benjamin during school vacation, but I know he's happy to be with his Mom. Yard work is keeping us busy up here on the Plateau, although it is already very dry. Be careful out there in your yard.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Adorable photo of Benjamin... He's adorable...

We love sausages on the grill (kaibasa, Italian, etc.) --but they are SO fatty and SO not good for us. SO we started getting the chicken sausages from Sam's... Delicious....

Hugs,
Betsy

Buttercup said...

Benjamin is so grown up, and so cute. I'm a fan of chicken sausage and this is a great brand. So easy for a quick meal. See you on Facebook.

Joyful said...

Oh it has been awhile since I read you. Nice to "visit" again. I'm glad you are getting a bit of break and that your grandson gets to see his mom and dad more often. I'm not on FB so I will have to continue to visit you here. Have a fabulous rest of July. xx

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hope you are having a great summer...Benjamin is sure a cutie:)