If you follow me or Betsy on FB, you will know my husband and I met her and George for the first time "in person" at The Cookie Jar Cafe in Dunlap, TN. (George took all the pictures you see.) For my local friends, it is a beautiful drive through the mountains to get to this farm. The food is delicious southern cooking and very reasonably priced.
We had a WONDERFUL time visiting together. Betsy and I even let the guys talk once or twice! Outside the restaurant is a short walking track with a couple of children's playhouses, playground, and some penned farm animals for petting. The website said they do hayride tours in the fall. We are looking forward to the autumn colors on those mountains in a couple of months.
The picture below is an amazing shot. George improvised a tripod and used his remote to take this. You may or may not have noticed that Bill and I have lost weight since my retirement just over 18 months ago. Mine has been about a pound a month. He has lost 35. We feel so much better!
George and Betsy, thanks again for making the trek over the mountain and thank your FB friend, too for the delicious location. We will return there soon for another meal followed by more cupcakes as well as sweet fellowship!
If you don't know Betsy and George, you can find them at these locations.
http://betsyfromtennessee.blogspot.com/
http://betsyphotoblog.blogspot.com/
http://seniorhiker.wordpress.com/
http://seniorhikerphotos.blogspot.com/
http://seniorhikerphotos.wordpress.com/
https://www.facebook.com/seniorhiker
And Betsy's FB link won't copy over for some reason but she is Betsy from Tennessee.



14 comments:
Been to the Cookie Jar many times. My Sunday School class will go there from time to time also. It is a nice place with a beautiful view and yummy desserts. Glad you got to enjoy it with friends.
Both Betsy and I had a wonderful time with you. We look forward to meeting you again in that beautiful part of our state.
Ah--how sweet... Love the pictures you chose... We had such a great time with you two and am looking forward to meeting again in Fall--or whenever.... As much as we talked, I could have kept on for about another week...ha ha
My Facebook is under my maiden/married name: Betsy Banks Adams.
Hugs to you and Bill,
Betsy
I remember introducing you to B & G. How fun to meet and enjoy a nice meal. They visited with us at our Nalley Valley home for Thanksgiving one year.
Lynda, it is so much fun meeting our blogging friends in person! What a wonderful place to meet! I will try to connect with Betsy. Thanks for sharing! Love the photos!
Looked like a fun time with friends! Way to go for both you and your husband on the weight loss! Slow and steady like you did it will help keep it off!
betty
Great post, Lynda, and I love the photos!!! The tablecloth reminds of of The Waltons, which is a show I really love! :)
you both look svelte! how nice to meet up with betsy and george!
Congrats on the weight loss; you both look wonderful and happy.
SO nice to visit with blog friends!!! I too love Betsy and George.
Looks like a fun place!
Hi Lynda, I'm blogger friends with Betsy although I live in Africa and she is in the USA. I decided to pop over and join you as a follower. Love the post on the four new friends at the Cookie Jar Cafe! Greetings from Jo, Tanzania, East Africa.
Lots of fun to get together. I have found you hear their voice when you read their comments after meeting.
The restaurant looks great, but the real treat must have been spending time with Betsy and George. Blogging gives us a gift of friendship.
Sure looks like you had fun with Betsy and George
Post a Comment