Pages

Sunday, November 1, 2009

New Church Building

Our congregation is building a new worship center on the north side of town. Today we had an open house. You can see more information about it on our church's webpage. The above picture is just the left hand side of the building. We are scheduled to move in near the end of next summer.
This is the hallway in the youth (teenage) section. Below is outside that hallway looking into the Commons Area. The large open doorway leads into the sanctuary. The smaller door to the left is our church library. We have an excellent location.
I am still standing on the second floor in the previous picture. This wall of windows is to the left or on the backside of the commons area. There will be seating in front of those windows so persons will have a great view.
Inside the sanctuary looking out that large sanctuary door two pictures above. Some of our seating will be stadium style.
This is the library director's office. I am inside the library taking the picture. The empty space you see on the right of the picture is the entrance to the sanctuary. (Sanctuary is behind office. Hallway you see has people entering sanctuary going left.) There will be a wall there when it is completed. There will be cabinets and a counter to the right.
I am beside the office looking into the room that will house our bookstacks. The will encircle the walls and have two free-standing double stacks in the middle. Do you see the support beam that looks like a slide? Those support the sanctuary stadium seating. Our ceiling will follow that slope.
I knew you would want a close-up of the beam with the blown insulation on it.
And because I can - - - I included another autumn tree near our house. The yellow was such a brilliant contrast to the others.
I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the House of the Lord. Psalm 122:1

3 comments:

Rae said...

Very impressive. It is going to be so nice when it is complete. You must have a large congregation. The building will sure hold a lot of people.

Caribbean Cindy said...

Thanks for posting these, Lynda. It's still kinda hard to make sense of things but it was all neat to see!

A Walk in My Flip Flops said...

Mrs. Lynda you are going to have to check out the great doggie doos blog we have gotten new pictuers on there. Thanks for the comment I am sorry you have not had my blog befor now.

Amanda