Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Coma

Coma - - I am one of those people who evidently would have to be drug-induced to rest. If I am tired, you can't get me to move but if I am not tired, I can't just sit around. I was in this chair for almost an hour, rereading one of my favorite books. Obviously I left the cat there by herself. The reason for "trying to rest" is I am recovering from Strep Throat. The doctor asked if I had been around any children. Yes, I believe those would be the short people who check out beginning readers at our church library. However, during the week proceeding the diagnosis, I have been in grocery stores and other public places - - - places where I always wipe down shopping carts with the disinfectant wipes. Oh well. I was just glad to have a bacterial infection that could be treated with drugs. With a virus, you generally have to fight it with just your immune system.

The good news is I only ran fever for about 12 hours and had intense throat pain about that same amount of time - - so that's a blessing right there. Since I rarely have to take antibiotics, Penicillin is still a miracle drug for my body. So between it, vitamin supplements, and the good nutrition I ingest, my recovery seems to be progressing quite nicely. So I will do low energy things like computer work, etc. Don't feel badly for me being sick because I am being paid sick days to be "relaxing" at home. And we all know there are worse health problems to cope with than this - - - some problems that don't cure. Plus, being home gives me a chance to say hello to you and read all my favorite blogs. And even though I feel like a hyper-active kid forced to take a nap, I will go back to my chair and book before the day is over!

. . . . three days agone I fell sick. I Samuel 30:13

5 comments:

Rae said...

I won't feel sorry for you if you insist, but it is still no fun feeling under the weather.
I am glad you are getting the opportunity to rest at least and read a few books. God Bless You.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

You get to feelin' better! Strep can be nasty stuff. This Ozarks farm chick doesn't sit still very well, I'm always on the go. I just seem to be happiest when all the ball are in the air at the same time. Heeeheehe!

From the snowy hills and hollers of the Missouri Ponderosa, ya'll have a wonderfully blessed day!!!

Mary Helen said...

Continue to get your rest so yu can get back to the "fun" stuff!

Caribbean Cindy said...

I AM very sorry for you because feeling bad is NO fun even if you do get to stay home and read. Guess what? I just read the sequel to that - What Difference Does it Make? I started it last night, continued it in the wee hours of the morning when I woke up and later in one last quick session finished it off by 8:00 this morning. It was such a good reminder to me to keep looking for a way to help the poor here. I'm not doing anything in that area. I'm asking God to show me because I am not going off on just one of my ideas! LOVE YOU!

Allen said...

Miss Lynda, I do hope you get to feeling better.