Pages

Monday, April 5, 2010

Rotel Recipe

I have no idea where I copied this recipe from.  I thought I got it from this blog but I don't see it in the index.  However, I want to give it to you because it is DELICIOUS!  The Rotel you pick will determine the heat of your finished product.  You could sense enough taste of heat after you began to swallow this - - which brought us to the discussion about where the taste buds are in your mouth that sense spicy foods.  This is a slow-cooker recipe but I used my waterless cookware on the stove since it cooks a bit faster and works like an oven at the same time.  Also, we used Eye of Round Steaks rather than flank - - - and we discussed trying this with meatballs sometime.  Mini-sized would be great appetizers!

Slow-Cooked Italian Beef
2 pounds Beef (roast or steaks)
2 (14 oz) cans Rotel
1 1/2 TABLESPOONS Italian Seasoning (dry seasoning in spice jar) (seems like a lot but it's not)
1/2 tsp garlic salt (or powder)
1 medium onion, sliced

Beat meat to tenderize it.  (We didn't and it was fine.)
Mix Rotel, Italian seasoning, and garlic in the slow cooker.
Submerge the meat.
Place onion on top of meat.
Cook on low 6 to 7 hours or on high for 3 hours.
Serve with "gravy" on side.

It's an excellent recipe that has been added to our recipe box.

And I feel a bit guilty about not posting any Easter pictures.   I left my camera home.   but that didn't stop us from having a GREAT day celebrating our resurrected Savior - - - church and then lunch with our married daughter's extended family.  The weather was gorgeous.  The food was great and the company was the best.    However with Jesus in our hearts, that makes every day a celebration, doesn't it?!!!

I am with you always, even to the end of the age.  Matthew 28:20b

5 comments:

Rae said...

Sounds like a really good recipe. I have used the same one without the Rotel before. The Rotel would be a nice addition. Glad to hear you had a wonderful Easter.

Missy said...

That sounds so good. I need to try it. have you ever looked at hillbillyhousewife.com for recipes? I have tried several and they are really good. Have a great week! Missy

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

MMMmmmm, sounds yummy. I'm gonna copy it.

God bless and have a terrific Tuesday!!!

Morgan and Katie said...

That sounds so good. I love working in the kitchen!

Pat said...

I'm all for using the slow cooker! Might have to give this a try. Glad you had a good Easter!