Pages

Friday, July 30, 2010

End of July . . . 4th!

I thought it might be a good idea to finish posting the rest of the pictures from our vacation.  These were still from July 5 at Callaway Gardens.  However, they aren't the best quality.  I had inadvertently reset my automatic settings so some of them are a bit grainy.

Virginia Callaway Discovery Center - - sort of like the Welcome Center with information about the Gardens.


Inside looking out


Trail leading to the Ida Cason Callaway Memorial Chapel




The six stained glass windows on three sides of the building depict the forest in a progression of seasons.


Does anyone watch The Victory Garden on PBS?  This is where episodes are filmed at Callaway.





Robin Lake beach - - 65 acres - - part of Callaway, too.  Bill is on the side with no lifeguard.  Over to the left of the picture you can see the public beach with lifeguards.  Notice the white sand.  Remember this is not coastal property but is inland.



And this is where we had supper that night.  It is within 5 miles of Callaway - - open only in the evenings - - and has delicious food for very reasonable prices.  We plan to eat there on a return trip.


When we were talking to the owner of Cricket's Restaurant, we found we had something in common - - - children who were graduates of Lee University where all the students recite this verse frequently.

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.  Psalms 19:14

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have always loved the chapel at Callaway. Your photo with its reflection in the water is so pretty Lynda. If we get down that way ever again, I'll have to try the restaurant. It looks charming. Hope you have a nice weekend.

Amanda said...

Looks like you had a good time. I can see enjoying that place with Josh. We enjoyed the Biltmore gardens.

Rae said...

Your pictures are wonderful. You had a really extraordinary vacation.

Laura said...

It looks like a very enjoyable trip. I love the chapel and would really like to go back there again. I think your pictures were great.

Caribbean Cindy said...

Most definitely have to go there!!! Lovely pictures. So glad you posted them!

Pat said...

The bricked pathway looks so inviting! The flowers and stained glass windows are gorgeous. Your photos came out fine!