Pages

Friday, July 23, 2010

Friends

No pictures tonight - - - just words about friends.  Aren't they the best?  God truly blessed us with a bit of heaven on earth when HE gave us friends.  My cup runneth over with the people HE has put in my life - - and this week my time with most of them revolved around food!

Today I shared lunch at Monterrey with my girlfriends who are just a few years older than me.  We all have enough age that we are treated with the respect given senior citizens - - - even if we don't feel like it.  However, when we end the meal by showing each other crooked fingers from arthritis and laughing at the different angles and directions our finger goes when pointing - - - I guess that makes us up there a bit in age - - - let's say we have all passed the half century mark.  These girls are precious, precious, precious and we started as co-workers in our church library.  That is the best part about "working" there.  We all love being with each other.

Earlier this week, there was a lunch meeting at work with more girlfriends.  I work with some wonderful women and some of us have been privileged to be together now for almost 15 years!   Now where did that time go so fast?!!!

Tonight we took some young friends to Ocoee Dam Deli  for their first visit.  They, like many others we know, declared the wraps and burgers some of the best they have ever tasted.   Again, it was wonderful, wonderful fellowship with great conversation and laughter.  The food in this place is well worth the 20 minute drive from downtown.  Whether your first trip or a repeat - - have you read the back of the menu?  They care about quality food.

And I would be remiss if I did not include my family in my group of friends.  Bill and I are both fortunate to enjoy our siblings, our sweet daughters, our great son-in-law, and his family, too.  (Have I left anyone out?)

And the point of all this rambling is your time on earth flies by faster than you ever imagined it could.  ENJOY your time with each other - - - every minute. Great memories are made in those minutes.

But do not forget this one thing, dear friends:  With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.  2 Peter 3:8

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful to read about your circle of friends/family. You are truly blessed. Wishing you a relaxing weekend Miss Lynda.

Anonymous said...

Hello Miss Linda!
Rebekah and I enjoyed reading this post! (We Love Food!) Sounds like you had a great week:)

In him,
Elizabeth and Rebekah

Pat said...

Friends and food just go together. Nothing like sitting and chatting over a good meal. Sounds like you've got good friends and good food!

Pat said...

Friends and food just go together. It's nice to sit and chat over a good meal. Sounds like you have good friends AND good food!

Laura said...

Miss Lynda
I had to come and read this post for myself, my girls have talked nonstop about the deli....often times giggling about the name :) My girls do love to cook, and enjoy new places!

Caribbean Cindy said...

Great post! I love my friends and treasure any time that I can have with them!!