So how many of you figured out that we were so close to Florida, we might have gone on down to the beach? You were right. (Picture was taken through the window of a moving vehicle.) Panama City was our next stop for lunch at this place.
Pineapple Willy's has an interesting beginning. Years ago, people buying undeveloped land in Florida wanted it for farming and the "ugly white sand" wasn't of productive use to agriculture. Gideon Thomas saw the potential to "grow people" and started the tourism industry there in 1936. Their website shows you pictures of the restaurant and beach. And to prove we were here, I have to give you a few pictures, including just a few of our favorite signs that were hanging on the side of the building.
Michael & Bill
Lynda - - and I didn't intentionally leave my sister-in-law out of the pictures but she may have been starting the A/C in the van to cool us off since this was the end of our visit.
Although the day was beautiful and the ocean warm, we limit sun exposure. I don't tan - - just get brown spots - - but we did dip our feet in the water.
. . when HE gave the sea its boundary so the waters would not overstep HIS command . . . Proverbs 8:29a NIV
And don't you love it when McDonald's decorates their restaurant to coordinate with the locale? I leave you with those pictures until the next update.












6 comments:
You can tell in the pictures that you've lost weight. :) I'm glad you enjoyed the beach. When's the last time the both of you were at a Florida beach?
Looks like a fun time. My husband and I got a chuckle out of the signs you shared!
Your drive by "shooting" turned out great! Loved the signs, especially about desserts. The beach looks wonderful!
I have visited Pineapple Willy's several times. I even have a couple of their T-shirts. Did you try their ribs? They were featured on the Food Channel several years ago. If I remember correctly they served everything in little buckets. It was a fun place to eat. Great pictures. You look like you were having a really good time.
We did have the ribs and they still come in the plastic bucket that you can take to the beach and use as a mold for sand castle turrets. We did have a great time.
Your pictures make me homesick! i grew up in central FL. Love the signs!
Post a Comment