The righteous will flourish like a palm tree, they will grow like a cedar of Lebanon . . Psalm 91:12

About 30 minutes from Dothan, we stopped at this store - - - I think it was on Hwy 431 near Cottondale, FL. It had some fun stuff inside.
The oranges were very good. We took home a large bag.
The following items are definitely indigenous to the beach area.
No, we did not bring home an alligator head - - - or one of the rain gauges you are about to see. Those and the man of cans were handmade by a local person.
I think the favorite thing bought by my three traveling companions was boiled peanuts. They claimed they were some of the best they had eaten. My thought is it is an "acquired taste". I grew up in upstate NY and was not raised to "appreciate them".
My next post should have pictures of Callaway Gardens (Georgia). However, it will probably be next weekend before I can post them. If you are looking for an economical, relaxing vacation - - check out their website. They have some phenomenal specials going right now if you stay at the Mountain Inn. Remember they have white sand beaches and a golf course in addition to the other attractions.











4 comments:
Oh what fun Lynda. I can just taste those oranges! Callaway is such a special place to us. I look forward to your photos. Hope you have a nice week.
C'mon, you sure you don't need an alligator head to add to your decor at home?
Love the photos! I love the tin man, he's a cutie! It's always interesting to go into a local store and see what they're offering.
Sounds like you guys had a great weekend!
I really have missed some posts
I just got caught up on your trip to Florida
the beaches look great (o:
I love those tin man garden hangings...I have seen some around her and always thunk I want one.
boiled peanuts sound yucky to me (o:
What a grand time!!! I could sure do with some "real" oranges. Gassed ones just don't taste the same. Ya'll can keep the boiled peanuts...I tried them once, I'll take 'em while their crunchy.
Ya'll have a bountifully blessed weekend!!!
Post a Comment