After posting pictures of guns, I believe it has given me a bit of an aggressive streak this weekend. Yesterday, I purchased this:
to tackle some of this:
They are (as it is said in the South) "Volunteer" plants or trees because they volunteered on their own to grow without anyone planting them. The recent abundance of rain after a brief period of drought has helped these weeds and trees to flourish.
The job was made a bit easier because of the design of this lopper. It has some sort of power gear which means you don't need as much strength to cut through branches. I chose Fiskars because their craft & sewing scissors are great.
Next week, this item:
will tackle these vines.
The plant is pretty but it will smother the light from the leaves and kill the tree. That's a bigger problem than losing the vine. We knew this was an invasive plant but our visit to Callaway Gardens confirmed it.
(And I still have pictures from Callaway to post sometime.) Even with the high heat and humidity, I really enjoy yard work. Some of it doesn't have to be done as often as housework - - plus you get to be outside in God's creation
God saw all that He had made, and it was very good. Genesis 1:31a
(And obviously my hand is feeling better today.)







11 comments:
oh my goodness
I have wood vine that is driving me crazy
not as much as you I am sure
Trigger finger ?? (o:
Glad your hand is better. We have oodles of volunteer sweet gum trees. I love our Fiskars yard tools too!
The scenery is lovely. Have fun working outdoors. I love working in the yard too, but have not had the time this year. Thank goodness my husband is helping out, though there are two volunteer trees in my garden right now that need to be dealt with.
OH ! That sound like a lot of work. But I bet you enjoyed the thinking time.
That looks like it will take forever to chop down all that growth. I hope you have plenty of help.
I think you would enjoy it if you had some trees cut down enough to allow you to have a vegetable garden next year. It's a lot of work to start up at first, and it takes some maintenance, but it is so worth the extra effort.
The natural vinegar/soap/salt week killer I have used on smaller stuff could come in hand for your side yard work too.
Wow your yard looks so much like ours. We have some OLD clippers that I don't use. Not enough muscle I guess. I need to try that mixture that Amanda spoke of. Missy
Is that vine kudzu? I know that's a nuisance down South.
I have a hard time working in high humidity outside. Good luck to you!
No, the stuff on the trees is just a type of invasive ivy. Right now we have no kudzu in our yard but you see it beside the roads near open fields. Nuisance is definitely an understatement regarding kudzu.
Looks like you are properly armed! I am glad to hear your finger is better..old bodies need TLC some days:)
I think I need that tool and I definitely need you to come and help me do yard work here since you like it!! lol
Post a Comment