Today you will have small pictures that were taken with my phone. I need to check the resolution settings on it because it seems like I have taken better quality ones before. However, this post is not about what I need to learn about equipment but rather what I did learn yesterday!
Five of our library staff were free to attend our annual Tennessee Baptist Convention's Library Conference which was held at Morris Hill Baptist in Chattanooga. This year's theme was Time to Read and as usual, Bev did a great job decorating our registration area.
The host church had autumn colors and centerpieces on our tables in the dining area.
Our speaker for lunch was Robert J. Morgan who just happens to be one of my favorite authors. (Please don't ask me how many favorites I have.) If you go to his website; it lists the books he has written. This is the website for the church he pastors. At the bottom of the page, it lists his professional blog. On his professional blog, you can link to his personal blog which is quite interesting. His wife has MS so he is (as he said yesterday), the chief cook and bottle washer. His personal blog has recipes on it, too. I do not know where the man finds the time in the day to accomplish what does has but after listening to him, we found out that God began preparing him for ministry in grade school - - where he and fellow classmates began memorizing Scripture in PUBLIC SCHOOL as early as first grade. I have not yet read his book Red Sea Rules but intend to after hearing his description. It is for people going through very difficult times.
Our introductory speaker as well as the afternoon teacher for the classes I attended was from Nashville's Media Services. Doug Eaton LOVES his work and LOVES teaching. I learned things that many of you may be familiar with like interactive white boards called Mobee --- and clickers that allow the entire class to interact with presentations. We "old dogs" CAN learn new tricks! One of my favorite toys he had was a document camera device - - that is a video projector/camera in one. As he would see our eyes light up, he told us we had "techno-lust". However, what I am going to be able to apply from that class is using digital photo frames to do electronic promotion in our library. Oh my - - - it is going to be too easy and VERY effective! So it was a fun day to learn new stuff with old friends. And it is always fun to learn new ways to do our ministry.
Continental breakfast, lunch, and snacks were included in our registration fee of only $25 so I would say we got a GREAT deal, wouldn't you? And the ride home was just as refreshing as the day. Driving the non-interstate route, the road is bordered on the sides with trees in autumn color splendor. The trees frequently canopy the road so you almost feel like you are in a paradise.
And for the rest of the week in review - - - - both of our daughters (who do not live in the same house and have not seen each other this past week) had the stomach virus. You don't want to know how often or total times stomach contents were emptied. Let's just say you don't want to catch it. Praise God they are adults who can take care of themselves when sick.
There was a "truckload" meat sale at our locally owned grocery store so I stocked our freezer on Friday. Praise God we are able to do that at reduced prices. It took more than a few minutes to cook some of the ground beef, cube the pork, and the cooked chicken and then vacuum seal everything but we are set for a couple of months on some meats and almost all winter on others. What a blessing.
My husband continues to paint on the outside of the house. I will post pictures in a couple of weeks - - maybe. We want enough done so you get the full effect. In the middle of it all, you will wonder why we did such a change in colors.
And if you are still here - - - I have read your posts and commented often - - - but not always. We won't talk about some of our internet interruptions the last two weeks!
Teach me good judgment and knowledge: for I have believed Thy commandments. Psalm 119:66





11 comments:
Hope that your daughters are tons better! Looking forward to seeing pics of your house,
Jane
So sorry about your daughters and I hope they soon feel better. Sounds like you had a wonderful time at the conference and the ride home sounds lovely. I'll be anxious to see your home and also, I want to pass along your post to my sister...she loves to read also.
your poor daughters! never fun to deal with a stomach virus :(
that convention did sound interesting; I have never heard of Robert Morgan but will have to check out the link you included; that was a great bargain for a convention too considering you got two meals with it!
always good too to get a bargain on food prices these days! glad you are stocked up for the days ahead :)
hope today was a nice one for you :)
betty
I will have to check out the website. I am not familiar with this author. My sister gave me your blog address. God bless you and your family.
Sounded as if yhou all had a great time at your convention and how nice to have it so close and a good deal too! I'm planning on going to his website and reading his story and getting some recipes.
Hope the girls are up and going again.
Your convention sounds like a wonderful time for you.
Can't wait to see your new home color too.
I hope your girls are feeling better soon!!!
What a wonderful conference that would of been to attend. I'm just trilled ya got to go!
I do hope your sweet gals are feelin' better. I know what your sayin'. I'll call my when they have the up-chucks and offer to help just prayin' they'll decline. My bad.....Heeehehehe!
God bless ya and have the most incredible week sweetie!!!
You've been busy - learning new tricks and cooking up a storm!
Hope your daughters are on the mend soon! Nothing worse than the stomach flu!
Sounds like a great convention...great deco
The stomach thing has been here too...yuck
I think I need a vacuum sealer. I am tired of freezer burn.
Hi Lynda, I used to love to go to conventions and workshops... I would always go back to work with lots of new ideas... It was kinda like recharging my batteries!!!!!! You all obviously had a great time..
Hope your precious girls are feeling better soon... Hope also that you didn't get any of this wicked weather today... We had wind and rain -but nothing severe thank goodness.
Hugs,
Betsy
The convention and workshops sound very good. I hope you got a lot from them. I also hope your daughters are feeling better.
Being able to buy meat in bulk is a real blessing.
Post a Comment