Although I am not a Winnie the Pooh aficionado, the phrase from those books that talks about a blustery day seems apropos for us this Friday. Or maybe I should only say it is quite windy but not yet roaring or tumultuous which is the definition for blustery.
Our temperatures have cooled considerably. We definitely know it is autumn today rather than the last days of summer. Our two, fifteen year old, cats know it, too. They have both claimed a heater vent as their bed and will probably stay there until next spring. How have they lived to be so old? We have to credit Hill’s Science Diet Food. That is all they have eaten and they are older than any other cat we have ever owned.
But this post is not about cats - - - but rather about the beautiful day outside. See how blue the skies are - -
- - - and even though there are leaves on the ground,
there are many more that need to fall.
. . HE . . . . gave us rain from heaven, and fruitful seasons, filling our hearts with food and gladness. Acts 14:17b



9 comments:
Hello Lynda, The sky is just a brilliant blue today! Big change in temps since earlier this week when it felt like Spring! My sister and I used to sit in front of the heat vents when we were kids to warm up after playing outside! I hope you enjoy the weekend.
such a pretty blue sky!! We feed Koda Hills Science Diet too....hmmm....
Your cats were like me when we lived in Montana. I could never get warm from October to June and was always as close to a heater vent as I could be. Hubby even set up a portable heater right by where I worked so I would be toasty warm.
Have a great weekend!
betty
We've had some blustery days here on the Plateau as well. We've spent much of the last two days trying to pick up all the leaves on the yard, but, as you pointed out, there are still plenty on the trees. Oh, well, at least we had cooler temperatures in which to work.
Well, I for one adore Winnie the Pooh, so this made me smile. :)
I hope you have a beautiful and non blustery weekend...enjoy each every moment!
Suz
It was so windy back home in IL, they called it a "CHI-clone"! We had a lot of wind when we were in KS, too!
Nice photos!
Hi Lynda, We have been working on our leaves in the yard for 2 days now ---and we had TONS of them... Since we have about 50 shade trees, you can just imagine how many leaves we have each year... AND--there's still more leaves on the trees. SO--we'll be doing this again about 2 more times... Fun Fun...
We may have our first freeze tonight... That may be the end of this year's roses.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Betsy
Ah ...a true fall day, just lovely!
Now as for the cats and long life, why wouldn't they live long? I'd live a long life in your house too, being feed well, loved on, and kept comfy....yep, they have got the life;)
Hope your weekend is filled with joy!
IT IS VERY COMMON FOR US TO HAVE A BLUSTERY DAY...
THE WIND HAS HELPED SPREAD ANOTHER FIRE IN THE MOUNTAINS...CLOSE TO bOULDER. LAST i HEARD 1700 PEOPLE WERE EVACUATED. Opps...sorry about the caps.
My cat is 15 too. ...purina cat chow... (o: The only thing she will eat. I wish she didn't shed so much... or throw up on the rug... but alas, she is a very old lady. Hope everyone cuts me some slack when I am that age (o:
Hi Miss Lynda! So your leaves have fallen too, and soon all will be carpeting the ground. But you won't get all the snow like we do will you? What does your winter temp usually get down too? Yes we'll be installing a big (don't remember the BTU's) LP gas heater that will hang from the ceiling, and we'll keep the temp at about 47 degrees, and turn it up for when we'll be doing work out there. It's going to be so o o o nice. I love Pooh too, and all his friends! Thank you, jo from MN
Post a Comment