I have been on vacation in the mountains today - - and where would that be? At my own home!!! Our family has been quite busy recently so it is nice to go no where for one day! However, I had some unwanted guests today. They are transients who usually show up in our neighborhood about this same time every year. No one likes them and no one wants to take them in. I did everything I knew to discourage them - - threw water at them - - - made them work - - and even insisted they could wear only slippers at our house. When I couldn’t avoid them, I escaped their aggravations by taking a nap. If you had Arthur and Al bothering you, you would do the same thing. Almost everyone knows Al. Al’s other name is allergies and Arthur, of course, is arthritis.
I threw the water down my throat because drinking enough water everyday can cure about anything. The work I did was my mild workout on the elliptical. And the slippers - - - - - because warm feet seem to calm allergy symptoms. So now I am at about 85% of normal health and have felt good enough to be outside on this gorgeous day. My desire was to begin cleaning the garage because cleaning can take your mind off of symptoms. Plus the garage needed it. Does it amaze you as much as it does me the things we will save?
My other great project was to cook a roast with carrots, rice, and green beans. It was done almost an hour ago and is delicious!
My husband is enjoying a day off from work, too. He is a volunteer at another golf tournament. It is the Chattanooga Classic presented by Black Creek. He is thrilled to be able to see the level of competition there today.
And I will try and update at least once more this weekend.
A cheerful heart is good medicine. Proverbs 17:22a

6 comments:
Oh, I do hope that Arthur and Al have left the building!!!!
Our garage seems to have the weirdest stuff show up too. I swear the neighbors are 'delivering' to our garage some days.
Take care, and feel better.
Suz
I'm afraid Al visits me too! Glad you are better and it certainly was a pretty day. When I clean our garage or my car, I am amazed at the things I find! I love your husband's cap - I know he is enjoying the weekend very much.
Take care.
Hi Lynda, Sorry about your unwelcome visitors... But--your statement is right when you said that drinking alot of water would cure most anything. I try now to drink between 8-10 glasses of water everyday... Every part of my body works better when I do that!!!!!!
Have a wonderful weekend --and get some REST.... It's gotten almost too warm here (about 80) during the day... But at least the nights are still cool.
Hugs,
Betsy
I'm sorry to hear about your visitors, Arthur and Al. But it sounds as if you know how to get them to behave. I'll have to remember your treatment of them -- it could come in handy.
The roast sounds delicious.
So sorry you weren't feeling your best but as usual you did all you could while taking care of yourself! Hope those 2 guests stay away for a LONG time!!
I loved how you described your unwelcome visitors! Arthur has visited on some of those cold days; now it has been extremely warm again here in central IL! Hope you are feeling better!
Post a Comment