This post does not refer to the song dealing with romance but rather with health! I am 110% today! Nine hours of sleep last night didn't hurt anything. It was quite beneficial.
Our family is totally enjoying today - - - gorgeous weather - - -- - speaking of - - - - how is my Weather Vane Friend? I saw she commented on another blog this week. I miss her. She was one of the first to follow me, and hers was one of the first blogs, other than family, that I followed.
And it is obvious I am bouncing all over rather than staying on track because this is what my intentions were for a blog - - - to show you how I start many days.
On the elliptical in front of the TV. A friend told me about this DVD that reads the Scripture while you see it in print on the TV. I LOVE it! It takes my mind off the distance I still need to travel plus it helps me fulfill my personal goal of reading the Bible in its entirety this year. (I am over 3/4 done. I am not reading through numerically but rather am jumping around for variety.) The biggest bonuses to starting the day this way are it puts me in the right frame of mind to begin the day and jump-starts my metabolism. Things like the elliptical and not drinking sodas have enabled me to lose about 7 pounds this year - - - and I have not yet given up chocolate!!!! Here is the DVD in case you are interested.
It is read by Stephen Johnston. I like hearing someone pronounce those Old Testament names.
And now since it is way past morning, I need to get back to the kitchen and convert yesterday's roast into a delicious vegetable soup. Ahhhhh - - - - autumn - - - - LOVE IT!
This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it! Psalm 118:24


10 comments:
Hi Lynda, Looks like a great way to start the day. Glad you rested well and the weather today is perfect, isn't it. I hope if Rae does see this post, she knows that I miss her too!
Your plans for soup for supper sound wonderful to me. Enjoy!
Very nice, Lynda... That is a good way to start your day. George and I have a daily devotional every day (and have not missed a day in over 3 yrs) ---and that 30 minutes is very special to us... It makes the entire day go better!!!!!!
Hope you have a good weekend.
Hugs,
Betsy
I do love how you start your day....you have a great idea there!
Glad you are having good weather too.
Dinner should be good, yummy soup!
I think you've discovered the perfect way to start the day. And congratulations on losing weight through your exercise program.
We're certainly enjoying this beautiful weather and I hope you are having a great weekend.
A good nights sleep, exercise and a proper physical and spiritual diet can do wonders for a body :-)
Love your discipline, Lynda!! That dvd sounds great. Something I will check into when we get back to the U.S. to stay awhile. Glad you were able to get some good rest!
Hi Lynda - This looks like a perfect way to start the day!
Jane
PS - sleeping through the night, without interruption, is also great! Hope that you are able to repeat that good sleep tonight!
first time visiting your blog; glad you are feeling better and got a good night's sleep!! Love how you start the day with exercise but most especially in the Word!! That is neat there are programs out there like that DVD!!
added myself as a follower of your blog; looking forward to getting to know you more :)
betty
Glad you are feeling better. What a great way to start the day. Congratulations on losing that weight!
I've been wondering about Rae, myself. I'm going to send her an email to see how she is doing.
miss lynda!
that's the best way to start your day! i have founf that most things take intentional planning in order to make progress.
may God bless you in your effort to follow Him. may He use you for the extension of His kingdom.
nikonsniper steve
Post a Comment