When you walk in the front door of our church, this is the view of the information desk. (This was taken when everyone had gone home for the day.) If you stand with your back towards this desk, you will be looking out the front doors. In this picture, I want you to notice the thin board in the peak of the ceiling.
Notice the soffits, too. They are important to these next pictures. But first imagine you are sitting at the information desk and just happen to gaze up at the beautiful ceiling - - and you notice that the small board in the ceiling peak - - directly over your head - - - appears to be loose. How can that be fixed when it is fifty-two feet in the air?
That's when this piece of equipment was brought inside on Tuesday this past week.
And these will all be small pictures since I took them with my cell phone but I wanted to record this and my camera was at home. This piece of machinery has a bucket on it. The difficult part was working it through the beams and steel cable supports like a puzzle. If the bucket got through, then when the lift was raised more, the lift arm would almost hit another soffit.
The men determined it might be best to cut the electricity to the lights first.
The man working up there did not seem nervous at all - - - even though the bucket would bounce a bit with his movements. What they discovered was construction was stopped at the loose board when there should have been a finish board attached with longer nails. hmmmm - - - wonder what distracted that original worker and made him not return to that job? The good news is no current workers were impaled by falling objects.
And the moral of the story is probably, "Finish what you started."
. . . God will not fail thee, nor forsake thee, until thou hast finished all the work for the service of the house of the LORD. I Chronicles 28:20b






15 comments:
Wow, this must be a big church and congregation.
Wonder what all these architects are thinking when they design buildings like these that are very difficult and costly to maintain. Like just changing out the light bulbs! Beautiful church tho.
The architecture is very interesting/attractive. So glad no one was injured. I enjoyed the photos you have shared.
Oh My Goodness.... Glad someone noticed it --and glad they got it fixed.... Your new facilities are fabulous....
Hugs,
Betsy
These are fascinating pictures of the work that was done inside your beautiful church building. I'm glad they were able to get the bucket into position so that the repairs could be made. The moral of the story is something we all need to remember.
very diligent work with lots of thinking to get it repaired just right!! I'm glad it was noticed before seriously damaged occurred!
betty
Oh my gosh....yes, this motto is true in everything.
So glad no one was hurt. This is ONE job I could not handle, I loathe heights.
The church is gorgeous inside and out!!!!
Have a great day!
Definitely could NOT do that man's job!! So glad it was fixed safely and timely!!
Great looking church you attend Miss Lynda; glad that was fixed beore it became a major problem and liability. I hope you are having a good day;just wanted to thank you for your visit and gracious comment. Have a blessed week:)
WOW!!! What a beautiful church!!! I love how that floor shines!!! Thank you for sharing!!!
God Bless you!!!
Your brother in Christ!!!
That was surely an accident waiting to happen! Glad it was caught in time and fixed! That is a HUGE church!
I agree with your moral to the story :-)
~Ron
It is beautiful
what a lot of work for a mistake
yikes!!!
Glad it got taken care of.
A beautiful place to worship our Lord. Thanks for sharing. Please come by and visit my blogs. God bless, Dr. Bobbi
Woohoo girl, he's flyin' high! You church is just amazingly beautiful!!! I'm so happy nobody impaled on the job! :o)
God bless ya'll and have the most incredible week!!!!
Lynda---I'll try again! I'm so glad that I got to see the piece of equipment in the building.
Post a Comment