Pages

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Feeding the Flock

I know you are thinking, "I just saw that picture of your church lobby  two posts ago." 
Yes, you did but I want to remind you what it looks like empty.

This is what it looks like on Wednesday nights and any other time we have banquets.


During banquets, there are usually cloth tablecloths and centerpieces.  But on Wednesday evening, the tables are left bare for easy cleaning.  Supper begins at 5.  It is prepared by our paid kitchen staff.  Generally we have two meat dishes, 3 vegetables, bread, drinks, and dessert for only $5.  The food is great and you know the menu at least a week in advance.  This week it was the traditional Thanksgiving food.

After supper, there are Bible Studies, both in the sanctuary as well as individual classrooms.  The elementary children have choirs and the youth have a contemporary worship with music and a speaker.  Here are a few more views.


I was standing on these stairs when I took the pictures.


When you are at the top of the stairs looking forward, you will see this.


Here's a closer version of one of the seating areas.  (There were two in the previous picture.)


The ceilings are beautiful.


Our entire facility was built to be transitional and versatile.  The lobby is an example.  I will show you other examples the next time my post continues the tour of our First Baptist Church.

Last year at this time, we were preparing to begin our transition from downtown.  This year we are very thankful to be moved in.

And in our personal lives, we are thankful for new life.  Our son-in-law's sister had the first grandchild for their side of the family.  It was a rough delivery but we are praising God for both baby and mom being healthy and recovering well - - - - - and the new dad survived it all, too.  We were scheduled to enjoy the Thanksgiving meal with them today - - - but it was postponed until Saturday after discharge from the hospital.  You all might be finished with leftovers by then.   However, we don't mind waiting for this celebration dinner.  We are thankful any time we get to 'break bread' with my daughter's in-laws.  They are a precious family.

Thanksgiving reminds me of the song, Forever,  by Chris Tomlin.   Here is a link where it was probably recorded during a live performance.  I love listening to Contemporary and Rock Christian music while driving but especially when I am working hard around the house and need to keep up my energy.  When I am relaxing or working alone in my office in the library, I will go for more traditional and usually instrumental arrangements.
With that said, let me say, "Happy Thanksgiving!"

Give thanks to the Lord
Our God and King
His love endures forever
For He is good, He is above all things
His love endures forever
Sing praise, sing praise

........
Forever God is faithful
Forever God is strong
Forever God is with us
Forever
Forever

7 comments:

George said...

Thanks for showing us more views of your new church building. It looks as if you have a wonderful arrangement for banquets and Wednesday night activities. It truly is a beautiful building.

betty said...

love that song!! haven't sang it in a few years, but definitely a great praise song!! neat your church has the banquets and dinners they do; sounds like a wonderful "venue" for it! Whenever you celebrate Thanksgiving with getting together and enjoying fellowship and family and of course good food, it will be a very special time indeed!

enjoy!

betty

Anonymous said...

What a pretty and functional church. I know the Wed. night suppers are great for those that work or those with children especially. Congrats to your son-in-law's sister with the new baby. Hope you all have a wonderful get-together. What a blessed Thanksgiving it will be. My old college girlfriend recently saw Chris Tomlin in concert - she said it was a very uplifting experience.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Your church is just beautiful and I love the Wednesday dinner. Sounds like a great weekly event.
Congrats on the new baby....there is nothing more joyful to celebrate in life aside from a new life.
I love that you love your inlaws so much; sounds like my family too.
Have a wonderful day and enjoy your weekend!

Pat said...

Your church looks even bigger with all the tables in it! Your Wednesday nights sound so nice.

Have a great Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday! It will taste great whenever you eat it!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing, this really is a MAGNIFICENT looking CHURCH!!!

God's Blessings to everyone!!!

Lon

Caribbean Cindy said...

Enjoyed this a lot. Looking forward to touring in person soon!!