I am blessed, blessed, blessed with a LOT of days to take off between now and the end of the year. Today and Monday are two of them! I am home and enjoying every minute of it. My husband and I went on a few short trips earlier in the year but during these winter holidays, we like to stay off the roads. When the girls were younger, we traveled many years to grandparents during Thanksgiving and Christmas. Now that we’re older, we don’t miss the traffic.
While home, we will do some projects but we know we will have multiple days to accomplish some of the bigger, more time-consuming jobs. Throughout the year, it feels like some things begin to “pile up” and that leaves us with underlying frustration. Now we can tackle them.
But for today - - - I started out at a leisurely pace around the house - - - made some holiday “to do” lists and then ran errands this afternoon. To organize my route around town, I first list each place I need to visit on individual slips of paper and attach any coupons or sale papers to them. Then I can “shuffle them” in the order I run them - - or change them or even save some for another day. It keeps me from rewriting a list. It may seem more work to some but it works for me.
So with that said, here’s my leisurely afternoon.
Although I was on vacation, something was delivered to me here today. It was homemade cinnamon-swirl bread that I purchase from a friend. She grinds the wheat right before baking the bread. There are no preservatives or sugar. Sweetening is with honey. I slice and freeze the loaves. Generally I eat one slice about mid-morning each day. It lasts me three weeks.
One of the recycling sites is right out the rear exit of our church property. I know you will enjoy these pictures! haha
I know it is good to recycle so we don't deplete more of our natural resources but it is good for the landfill to have less contents.
It is now mid-afternoon and I am in need of a snack. This thyroid thing does interesting things with my appetite and energy. If I am hungry and don't eat, my energy bottoms out pretty rapidly.
Each of their tables had holiday decorations. It was rather home-like. . . . and the next stop was . . .
to get food and litter for these critters.
Can you tell they are probably related? We never have gone looking for any pet we have owned in 34 years of marriage. They always seem to find us - - - just wander into our yard.
I stopped here earlier but did not see anything that jumped off the rack in the women's section and said, "Buy me."
However, I was drawn to the men's section and saw something I knew would look great on my husband. We met there after work for him to try it on. Originally priced at $120, it was on sale for 50% off. I had a coupon for $10 off a purchase over $50 AND another coupon for $15 off any purchase of $15 or more - - - so he got this for $38.40 (including tax). It looks really good on him.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:6











16 comments:
that bread looks delicious!!! good for you for limiting it to a piece a day! what a great bargain for your husband with the jacket too!! You are very organized in your errands!
have a good weekend!
betty
I'm glad you are enjoying some time off. That bread looks so good! We are like you, we try to avoid driving on holidays and just like to stay home. That's a great looking jacket for your husband and what a bargain. Enjoy the weekend.
Glad you have some time off this time of year.. All of my years working for churches, I too always ended up with lots of vacation time left at the end of the year... SO --I enjoyed that time off also.
Looks like you got a great buy at Penney's.... AND--your kitties are gorgeous...
We recycle everything also... Our county has a great recycle center --so we keep our items separated all week --and visit the recycle center every Saturday.
Have a great Staycation.
Hugs,
Betsy
I forgot to say how beautiful and soft your kitties are. They look so sweet.
We, too, use the recycle site! Loved your list and errands idea...maybe I can incorporate some of that.
What a full day...I love this little trip with you. I actually organize my days similar to you with the lists and coupons.
I am especially HAPPY to see you going to the recycling center. You are the best!!!
Those cats are gorgeous; meow.
That bread looks divine too, love how you ration it out for yourself.
Good luck with all your to do lists.
Enjoy your weekend!
You are certainly making the most of your stay-cation, and this is a great time of the year for one (or more). We don't travel as much during the winter, but we will take a day trip now and then if the weather is good.
That bread looks (and sounds) delicious.
Thank you for sharing!!! You, your husband, and eveyone, have a great time!!!
GOD BLESS you all!!!
Lon
You busy bee ! Have a great "Stay-cation" !
It is great that you are relaxing this holiday Misslynda. That bread looks yummy and you cats are adorable. Praying you have a great holiday filled with supernatural strenght form Christ:)
I just also want to thank you for visiting my blog and your gracious comment; Have a blessed week!
Sounds lovely.
Great post, Lynda! I definitely would love to purchase some of that bread next fall. It looks delicious!! I liked your errand lists, too. I never thought of doing separate slips of paper but that would have helped me not forget some coupons in years past! Great idea. Wonderful buy at Penny's. Look forward to seeing Bill in in good looking jacket!!
Being organized really helps get a lot of things accomplished! Boy that bread looks good!
Looks like a busy staycation...
I couldn't even keep up with where you were on this post (o:
Have a Great wonderful Thanksgiving
I wish I would get a homemade cinnamon-swirl bread delivery :-)
~Ron
What a great post sweetie!
I just wanted to drop by and wish you and you precious family a wonderfully blessed Thanksgiving Day filled with love, laughter and pie baby...lot's of pie!!!
:o)
Post a Comment