Buttercup - - - beautiful yellow flower of spring and summer. When we were children, we would pick bouquets of them - - as did our own children.
Now I have another Buttercup in my life - - a blogger buddy named Buttercup. She sent me bouquets of flowers . . . . on pages in a book - - accompanied by springtime poetry.
THANK YOU, BUTTERCUP!
Here's another bouquet of flowers I received this week from my older daughter. Her college used them to decorate for graduation and then the employees had the option of buying one. It will be planted in our yard.
Remember Missy - - Miss Kiss - - - Miss Kitty - - - who went to be with Jesus a couple of months ago?
She was sixteen and a half years old. She had a stroke or something similar. Today her sister went to join her.
Sissy had been losing weight - - was down to 7 pounds a month ago and down to 6.3 today. Her kidneys had shrunk to half their normal size and were hard - - obviously in renal failure. This was one 'unique' cat - - - quite the loner. She belonged to our married daughter - - - spent all her time in Amanda's room - - - even after Amanda moved out two and a half years ago. Sissy enjoyed 'one-on-one' time with people but wanted nothing to do with other cats. That was her personality. Love accepts people and pets as they are - right? Please don't feel badly for us. Both cats were rescue pets from the same litter whose mom had been killed. They lived a good life - - - a lot longer than if they had been in the wild.
And speaking of wild - - - it's starting to get that way at work as we get ready for the summer reading program. If you want to look at pictures, you can go to the link at www.libraryfbc.blogspot.com. We will update it weekly. We anticipate at least 500 children joining us this summer!



12 comments:
Bless her heart. Her weirdness has left this world.
what a good looking cat! so glad she was able to spend years with you and your family! How exciting with the reading program with all the kids for summer! beautiful flowers to plant in your garden; neat the employees got a chance to buy them!
have a good Sunday!
betty
Missy Miss Kitty and her Sissy were beautiful cats! I love the unique personalities of some cats. How nice of you to rescue them and give them a good life!!
Your cats enjoyed a good life and I know they gave you a lot of joy. I know they will be missed greatly.
I checked in your Library post - brings back happy memories for me.
That's a lovely book from Buttercup - maybe you can enjoy some quiet time this afternoon reading.
Poor Sissy! I am sure she had a wonderful time on this earth though!
Aw...so sorry Miss Lynda! I'm sure ya'll will miss Sissy. Now are you and Bill thinking of getting another kitten/cat?
And loved the flowers, they are so pretty!
Laura
I am sure your kitties did live a wonderful life with your family.
I heard that song "Buttercup" this morning...has been in my head all day long!
Beautiful flowers. I hope your weekend has been well.
xo
My cat is 16 at least...not sure.
She keeps throwing up cat food all over...HELP!
Reading program....sounds great.
Both Miss Kitty and Sissy were fortunate to be adopted by your family. Sissy sounds like a very unique cat.
I like your buttercups and other beautiful blossoms.
I'm so sorry about Sissy. I am sure she and Miss Kitty are playing very happily together now. I've had a number of cats over the years and I can see them all swatting at a ball of yarn together, very happily.
Thanks for your sweet, sweet thank you. So glad you are enjoying the book.
Oh so sad for you to loose your two pets, you will miss them, they take over your heart.
Buttercups are lovely. Its also a pretty name for a pet....we named many of our cows that..
Hugs friend.
I always love your post Lynda; Those flowers and gifts are just lovely; you are apparently loved by lots of people:) I can totally relate to Sissy, she was a unique cat:) Have a blessed weekend:)
Post a Comment