Pages

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Stay-cation

 
We are home for vacation and enjoying it!  Sleeping late - - relaxing - - eating well.  Not going out in the heat unless we want to - - - - and working on projects when we want to!  It's truly delightful.
 
Also, we have been shopping - - - a pressure washer for my husband to make life easier while taking care of our home. 
 He has cleaned the gutters this morning and likes the performance of this machine.  It is supposed to be quieter than most.  We are glad we haven't heard the noisy ones!
 
We have also bought a few necessary things (vacuum cleaner, microwave) for our older daughter's new home.  She will need these within three weeks.  Sears was our one-stop shopping for most of it.  They are having GREAT sales this weekend.
 
 Yes, these flowers are blooming in our backyard.
 
And if you are wondering what to celebrate this month other than Independence Day, check out this link.

And Jesus went up into a mountain, and there he sat with his disciples. John 6:3 

8 comments:

Amanda said...

Glad you are enjoying your vacation. I am enjoying a long weekend as well.

betty said...

stay cations are wonderful!! It is just relaxing sometimes to stay at home, enjoy the comforts of your home, get some things done, but be able to relax and sleep in without having to travel far! sounds like it was a good thing to do this time around for you and hubby!! I bet all are excited with daughter's move to her own house in a few weeks!!

Happy Fourth!

betty

Flat Creek Farm said...

Your flowers are beautiful, and I can't think of anything better than a stay-cation!! Enjoy :) -Tammy

Anonymous said...

Wow! Your backyard flower photos look great!

Have a happy 4th of July!

~Ron

Patsy said...

Happy 4th of July!
vacations are a good thing don't leave out a little fun.
Thanks for the link to the July Holiday Calendar. Very interesting.

Buttercup said...

This weekend is a staycation for me and I am so enjoying it. Today is lovely and I will be out walking in a little while and enjoying the sunshine. Right now I'm enjoying the air conditioning. Thanks for the calendar. Some great blog ideas.

George said...

I found the list of month-week-day celebrations in July to be fascinating. Your idea of a stay-cation sounds like a great one -- I'm ready to stay home myself for awhile. I love your beautiful lilies -- we missed most of ours. They bloomed while we were gone.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Getting home improvements done at your leisure must be a pleasure!!!! So nice you are helping out your daughter...she must be so excited about the new house. Lovely flowers!!!!