Do you ever get too busy to blog? Well that's what has happened to me the last two weeks. Remember I told you our older daughter had bought a house. On Sunday, July 24, friends gave her a housewarming shower at our church.
I bought the napkins and tablecloth at Target. They do have some great color combinations and contemporary patterns.
My library friends made some divine, delicious desserts! Our daughter got a lot of very, very nice gifts - - that I forgot to take a picture because I was having too much fun visiting with everyone. She had registered at Bed, Bath, & Beyond.
I would post of picture of this beautiful daughter but she doesn't allow us to do that - - - so I am respecting her wishes. This is how our younger daughter honored that request when she posted our family's Christmas picture!
She (older daughter) is not a big person - - - the cutout is just over-sized.
There are 3 other events to post but may combine 2.
Bring gifts and celebrate . . . Psalm 96:8 The Message

12 comments:
Hi Lynda, Is your older daughter in some kind of business where her picture cannot be shown? Can't imagine why else she wouldn't want her picture with the family... You don't ever use her name... So???? Guess it takes all kinds of us to make up this world. I am just so open --so it's hard for me to understand why some are so private...
Sounds like a nice party... I know that she loves her new home..
Hugs,
Betsy
Looking at that picture reminds me of why I need to lose weight. I look so much better there. The housewarming was fun. I'll have to make sure to bring some of the pictures to you Saturday when I see you. ;)
Glad the party went well, the goodies look so good. Funny on your family picture, with the cutout! I know what you mean about being so busy you don't get bloggin done. I think everyone understands! Have a great weekend, jo
Looks like your friends are great bakers. How great to have a house warming, years ago they used to do that around here..not so much anymore. Have a great weekend:)
How very nice for your daughter. I know she is thrilled to have her own place and I'm sure she will enjoy the thoughtful gifts she received.
Taking a short blog break. Take care and enjoy the weekend, Lynda.
The cut out photo made me laugh!!!!
Congrats on your daughter getting moved in...what a wonderful idea with a housewarming shower!!!!
Have a great weekend!
What a fun time you all must have had when you forgot to take more pictures!
I know you have been busy and happy with all the great fun.
The house-warming shower sounds like it was great fun. The way your younger daughter honored her sister's request with the cut out was cute.
What a great time you must have had. I love the colored napkins. And the food looks so wonderful. Yum! I have a sister who is the same way - she will not allow me to post a picture. She doesn't even like me to take pictures of her. So I just cut her out of pictures something like you did... lol. Hope you had a great weekend, Lynda.
That is too funny with the Christmas photo. I, too, don't like to have my photo taken, but for other reasons. But, as my sister says, "It is what it is", and if I'm not in a lot of photos, what happens when my kids or siblings look back and say, "Where's Pat?"
I am in education. I have nothing to hide, but prefer to post most things in "friends' view" rather than the "public view" since my students are old enough to Google me.
Anyway, it was a lovely party - and I still am writing several thank you notes!
Post a Comment