Pages

Friday, October 7, 2011

Let me first say I am behind in reading everyone's blog - - but only by about a week.  My plans are to try and catch up at some point.  And I won't tell you everything in this post about what we've been doing.  Eventually I'll cover all the high spots.

About a week and a half ago, we celebrated the birthdays of the two favorite men in my life - - - my husband, Bill and our son-in-law, Joshua.
 Josh's Mamaw made a delicious Sunday dinner for us almost two weeks ago.  The birthday boys had their favorite desserts.  Josh had a DQ Reese's peanut butter/chocolate cake.  Bill had homemade banana pudding.
I believe I have told you before that when our Amanda married Joshua, his family adopted us.  That meant we got to be a 'Bandy for a Day' in August.  It was a reunion of Josh's maternal grandmother's family.  The food was mighty fine as was the fellowship.

 
Of course there were plenty of other dishes but I wanted to show some summer foods one more time.  Their colors are so vibrant. 

In between those events, Bill got to once again be at the Honors Course as a volunteer.  That weekend, he assisted the PGA official scorekeeper at the Amateur Senior Women's Golf tournament.    This weekend, he is at Black Creek as a walking scorekeeper for this tournament.  He likes it when he can walk the course and see the golfers in action.   It is definitely a beautiful weekend to be outside.

Update on the house - - - have talked to quite a few people about the best fix.  Bill and I are still discussing what is the best option for the foundation repair.  Next week we will make a final decision.  We are moving forward  - - on our own - - - since the insurance has rejected our claim.  We are not the only ones in Cleveland who have submitted the same claim to the same insurance company  - - with the same rejection results.  We will appeal - - and definitely will write a letter to express our disappointment.  I will not say more about our insurance 'provider' until repairs are done.  Life happens. 

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoicePhilippians 4:4

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

We continue to keep you in our prayers and pray that the "right and fair" thing be done re your insurance claim.
The food looks so good and the birthday boys look mighty happy with their favorite desserts!
Enjoy the pretty weather this weekend.

Busy Bee Suz said...

I can't believe your insurance company denied your claim...this is so frustrating. Seems we usually pay for our insurance, only to be denied use of it!
Oh, the food looks amazing...but I literally drooled at the plate of sliced 'maters. delish.
Happy birthday to both of your sweet boys. ;)
I am so blessed with an extended family when I married my husband...I can only hope to have the same when my girls marry. (of course, not any time soon. )
Enjoy your weekend!

betty said...

It figures about insurance.....you pay, pay, pay, pay and they reject it for this reason or that reason.......what seems like a legitimate thing to be covered they find a loophole about.....so sorry though, but you have the good attitude to deal with it and move on with it.

Happy belated birthday to your "men"! Never had banana pudding, but it does sound good! And any cake from DQ I'm sure was tasty!

So neat that you did get adopted by your daughter's in-laws; the more the merrier I'm sure, especially when celebrating special occasions; that food looked good that you shared!

I hope the weekend is a restful one!

betty

Caribbean Cindy said...

So sad that your insurance company is not coming through. Isn't that the very reason we have insurance? Your positive attitude is such a great example. I know the Lord is going to provide and I can't wait to see how He does it!! Loved the happy birthday celebrations - those desserts looked so delicious! You and Bill are certainly busy people, doing many great things.

George said...

Thanks for sharing those pictures of summer foods. It's a bit chilly here this morning (I'm not complaining), so those reminders of summer are much appreciated. I'm sorry to hear about your insurance problem. That seems to happen entirely too often.

Pat said...

Great food, great company! My mouth is watering looking at all that good food!

How can the insurance company deny you? What the heck are you supposed to do? I hope it all works out for you!

West Side of Straight said...

Congrats to the birday boys! And the develed eggs looks so good. That is one of my favorites, and I make them even in the winter!!! I'm glad someone else is as behind in blogging as me! hee hee! Dealing with insurance companies can be so frustrating ~ wishing you best of luck with that process. Have a great week Miss Lynda!, jo

Buttercup said...

Happy birthday to Bill and Joshua. The birthday treats look yummy and so does the reunion food. I had the pleasure and honor of being an honorary member of a friend's Tennessee family and going to reunion's with them. I can still remember the food -- and it is almost 40 years ago. G'd bless the good cooks of East Tennessee.

Prayers for the house repairs. I have a friend here who is spending days with the insurance adjusters over a hailstorm this summer.

Savories of life said...

Thank you for the update! It has been a while since I came over. You are in my prayers and I pray extra for those who leave comments.
We have the same dish the pudding was in!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Stinkin' insurance companies anyway. Don't get me started on healthcare...nope, not goin' there.

Here's sendin' those handsome birthday boys of your a very happy birthday.

'Looked like ya'll had the perfect celebration.

God bless and enjoy your beautiful week sweetie!! :o)

grammy said...

Great party
isn't it fun to celebrate with family...
hope the insurance thing works out for you.

Anonymous said...

Wow! All that food looks great! Happy Birthday to the boys. :-)

Lynda, thanks for your recent comment on my blog & be sure to have a nice weekend. :-)